Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default REPLICA STURMGEWEHR STG44 22 LR who is going to be selling them???

I am looking very forward to owning one of these!!!!

Would like to know what distributors are going to be (for sure) selling them so I can place my order for one.

I have read about these before, and am looking forward to seeing one in person. I can't remember all the comments but someone said there were alot of plastic parts that turned him off. Still, they were supposed to be about $500-$600. Maybe someone will chime in with more info, BB

Read the above article posted, didnt read anything about (plastic parts) on this gun. Also GERMANS do not build JUNK...........everything I've ever owned from Germany was top quality.....regardless of it being military issue or not.

Cant wait to find out when these going to be up for sale.

ATI distributes a large chunk of their guns through RSR and Davidson's. RSR already has them listed in the catalog.

I see RSR has them listed........but obviously not in stock......because no price is listed for them.....I'll have to call them and find out

Quote Originally Posted by panzerfaust44 View Post
    I see RSR has them listed........but obviously not in stock......because no price is listed for them.....I'll have to call them and find out
    I had a call in to ATI and they said they would be available in June which is now
    Thay never notified me but today the site said they were sold out
    Sold out but no one has one ?
    I hope the rifle is better than than ATI's customer service

Read the above article posted, didnt read anything about (plastic parts) on this gun. Also GERMANS do not build JUNK...........everything I've ever owned from Germany was top quality.....regardless of it being military issue or not.

Cant wait to find out when these going to be up for sale.
    Ever seen or owned or shot an RG, Rohm, or Arminius revolver? Junque, made in post war Germany; Erma was not far behind with their "luger" .22 and M1 carbine clones, JMHO. Never say "never", "always" or "everything".
    03man - Don Voigt
    Author of "The Japanese T99 Arisaka Rifle" 2010 edition
    Co-author of "The Knee Mortars of Japan 1921-1945" 2011 edition
    Near Charlotte, NC

Quote Originally Posted by 03man View Post
    Ever seen or owned or shot an RG, Rohm, or Arminius revolver? Junque, made in post war Germany; Erma was not far behind with their "luger" .22 and M1 carbine clones, JMHO. Never say "never", "always" or "everything".
    I cant comment on all those, but I did have a ERMA 22 caliber Luger......and I never had problems with it, dont know what issues are common with them, but if prone to jamming......it didnt do it for me, I used winchester brand 22 in mine.

Its too bad really - if it looks "close" in scale and appearance, Id probably be in for one. Maybe - if you could get .22 blanks for it.

Something tells me they arent going to be nearly close enough for reenactor work though. And the price of a PTR44 is asenine. Which is why Im spening THAT money on a transferrable mp40..

Im watching this though

Also all those Single Action .22's,.357's,.44's that were made by Sauer & Sohn . Everyone I ever had ,had issues ranging from spitting lead, screws rotating out and cylinders that had chambers that wouldn't give up the spent case. The .22's were the worst with the sleeved barrels. RG= Real Good ???? Jusst MHO, BB
    Quote Originally Posted by 03man View Post

Borsig. What ever That " Something" was that told you they wouldn't be close enough for re enactor work was out to lunch. I saw one at the shot show. It was a very faithfully replica of the MP 44 ( The only difference I could see was a slightly flatter curve to the magazine.) It was as heavy as an original MP 44 and matched the original finishes. When you see one you will think that the price is far from being " asinine" . Yup there are cheaper 22 LR rifles out there, But I have paid lots more for my Anschutz match rifle. You sometimes have to pay for things you want

I posted ATI's reply as to availability on the .22 forum .They are not in yet

Quote Originally Posted by fg42 View Post
    Borsig. What ever That " Something" was that told you they wouldn't be close enough for re enactor work was out to lunch. I saw one at the shot show. It was a very faithfully replica of the MP 44 ( The only difference I could see was a slightly flatter curve to the magazine.) It was as heavy as an original MP 44 and matched the original finishes. When you see one you will think that the price is far from being " asinine" . Yup there are cheaper 22 LR rifles out there, But I have paid lots more for my Anschutz match rifle. You sometimes have to pay for things you want

Absolutely right!!!! I can tell just by the photos that it is an excellent replica.......and its gonna be fun to shoot........let alone carry dressed up in my 1944 Panzer Grenadier outfit.

Only thing I see that I wish they didnt do.......was the open cut slot in the side of the magazine......apparently to let the user know how many rounds are in the mag. Original Mp44's didnt mags like that. Must be some reason why the 22 LR version has that feature.

I called them today and they said release date is August 1st,2012.A small run will come in the wooden crate.Price is $600.After that you get cardboard and no reduction in pricing.

I hope to get one but maybe the crate will be worth more than the rifle

That's yet to be seen. Barrel profile?
    The stock shape doesnt look right on it either. Not from what i've seen - nor does the mag profile. Also there's the issue of all the modern writing all over it, etc. Not sure how loud .22 blanks are, but....

Maybe I need a better look at it, but from what I've seen, its not nearly althentic looking enough to carry at public events.

Kind of like the 22LR remake of the PPS41. Too bad they are not at least 9mm Lugar!

I think form a marketing point of view,it makes them more appealing for sale,as in $600 for a system to handle .22 lr instead of say $1,000 + for a centerfire capable system.We'll
    know some in August.I put in for one,just as a companion to my $250 Mossberg AR-15 look alike.Does the Mossberg look exactly like an AR?Not entirely ,but good enough for me.And few times I've taken it out it's garnered a lot of attention for not a big investment.And shooting it is very reasonable cost wise.

Please let us know when you get it. Really sounds interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1945 View Post
    I think form a marketing point of view,it makes them more appealing for sale,as in $600 for a system to handle .22 lr instead of say $1,000 + for a centerfire capable system.We'll
    know some in August.I put in for one,just as a companion to my $250 Mossberg AR-15 look alike.Does the Mossberg look exactly like an AR?Not entirely ,but good enough for me.And few times I've taken it out it's garnered a lot of attention for not a big investment.And shooting it is very reasonable cost wise.

Gremlin, did you put a deposit down on one? I wanna get one reserved myself, but havent contacted ATI yet, and am curious to know if a deposit is required.

ATI will not be selling them directly for quite some time...if you go to arfcom, go the the "Armory" boards, there is a board for the "GSG-5"....in there ATI responds directly to questions, there are a couple of threads on the STG...

ATI sells generally through distributors and stocking dealers...the ATI guy there said directly until they fufill all the orders to distributors and dealers they will not have any available for individual sale, and they expect to be supplying dealers for at least a year...

Lots of info on the guns, and pics too...they should all be coming in the wooden crate...they are being made by the Amish local to ATI (Rochester, NY). My buddy is a stocking dealer, and stops by all the time, he has an order for 4 of them in, I have already paid him for mine, so I should be getting one hot off the press come mid-July/August...

ATI is expecting the first shipment in mid July last I saw....

ETA Here.... http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/41_GSG_5.html

Gremlin, did you put a deposit down on one? I wanna get one reserved myself, but havent contacted ATI yet, and am curious to know if a deposit is required.
    No.My FFL guy deals with ATI.I'm having him contact to see what arangments they want to make to order one for me.

Anybody heard any updates from ATI ? I am hoping they get their Sh..t together and list these for sale in 2 weeks.

Supposedly clearing customs next week, then custom crating and off to the distributors.

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Supposedly clearing customs next week, then custom crating and off to the distributors.
    Does any one know who is going to distribute them and if they are taking orders?

The delivery date keeps slipping, not entirely unexpected. It sure is helping to build "buzz" though for these. I'm guessing the first ones will be available at a premium, like the current crop of Kel Tec's KSGs.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one.

Also GERMANS do not build JUNK...........everything I've ever owned from Germany was top quality.....regardless of it being military issue or not.
    Have you not seen the pot metal "Lugers" and .22 M1 carbine look-alikes marketed under the ERMA name?

Most of the junk in the ATF's HP White report that led to the definition of the "factoring criteria" specified in the 1968 GCA was made in Germany.

Regards,
    Jim

From the ARFCOM thread - ATI's distributors;

http://www.americantactical.us/page/distributor/19

And they are in-country and ready to go to the wholesalers... Check out page 6 of the thread...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_41/36...44.html&page=6

So when are they going to up for sale? even the ATI gunshow rep doesnt say.

Here's the reply I got from ATI on Thursday.

Thank you for your inquiry. The German Sport Gun STG 44 in .22LR have arrived in the U.S. with more shipments arriving every month. MSRP on this rifle is $599. There will be 10rd and 25Rd versions available. To order you will need to talk to a local gun dealer and have them place one on order with one of our distributors. We do not sell directly to dealers; only our listed distributors. A full list of our distributors is available at this link: http://www.americantactical.us/page/distributor/19.
    Thank you for your interest in American Tactical.
    Michael Spanton
    Sales Administrator

FWIW, two of them showed up at my local gun shop and I was impressed. They looked very nice and came in their own little wooden crate. For the money, I think it's a pretty good deal if you're into replica-type .22s.

Ol Duke is offline Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer

Quote Originally Posted by DINK556 View Post
    FWIW, two of them showed up at my local gun shop and I was impressed. They looked very nice and came in their own little wooden crate. For the money, I think it's a pretty good deal if you're into replica-type .22s.
    Gosh, you didn't buy one? Wow!
    Thanks,
    Ol'Duke

"I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would be an affront to your intelligence."
    George Bernard Shaw

Mihi ignosce. Cum homine de cane debeo congredi.
    (Excuse me. I need to see a man about a dog.)

No selector switch.

Any Updates?? I still havent seen any for sale by the distributors listed by ATI, Wtf is going on?? these are now in the US for sale, but nobody has them for sale???

Any Updates?? I still havent seen any for sale by the distributors listed by ATI, Wtf is going on?? these are now in the US for sale, but nobody has them for sale???

Has anybody been able to buy one of these yet?????????

Has anybody been able to buy one of these yet?????????
    I'm out of the hunt.Just dropped over a grand on a Gew 98,1937 S/243 and a Mod 1871.The piggy bank is bare.If anyone here in central NJ is interested in one if the one my FFL guy ordered for me comes in I'll let you know.

Well, as of 8/7/12, there was still one on the shelf at Newington Gun Exchange in Newington, CT. If you're interested, call 860 667-2658. It's marked at $560.

Gremlin

Let me know.. I would pick one up..
    Ike
    "Hope is not a strategy"
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by DINK556 View Post
    Well, as of 8/7/12, there was still one on the shelf at Newington Gun Exchange in Newington, CT. If you're interested, call 860 667-2658. It's marked at $560.
    Not anymore, heh, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike27 View Post
    Gremlin

Let me know.. I would pick one up..
    Okie doke.

Mine came in on 6 August - - got it from Best Buy Surplus, 2516 E Sprague Ave, Spokane WA 99202 - - 509-535-5375. Very well made and a great finish to it. There are some plastic parts - - but nothing to make the rifle look cheap. I'll take it to the range later this week.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Prusakowski View Post
    Mine came in on 6 August - - got it from Best Buy Surplus, 2516 E Sprague Ave, Spokane WA 99202 - - 509-535-5375. Very well made and a great finish to it. There are some plastic parts - - but nothing to make the rifle look cheap. I'll take it to the range later this week.

Mike
    Pics please

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast