Default Have the Polish P83's dried up?

Except for SOG, no one has P83's for sale. There are 4 on GB for sale but all are over priced.
    Any deals out there?

Bill

I have not seen a P83 this year at any of the shows that I attend. I have read that the Poles have had trouble with their current 9mm service pistol and have slowed down the conversion; don't know if it is true but may account for the lack of recent imports. It's really a nice pistol and now is about the same price as a Bulgarian Mak. Only problem that concerns me is the lack of spare parts and magazines though some mags have lately become available. I would love to add another if I could find one at or under $240.

I guess we will be seeing $1000 P83's soon!

Saw a bunch at Knoxville Shows 2 month ago, as well as in Chatt at the Armory show earlier this year.
    All were exc.+ came with 1 mag and price was $260.

To me it seems there really is not much desire for these mainly being Sheet-Metal and the Blue doesnt take well on these!

SOG has them for $204 and change shipped to my FFL. Two mags and a cleaning rod I hope come with it. It will end up being $242 and change out the door.

I can live with that. Now to find a holster for it.

Bill

No problem finding holsters! Go to GB where there are several reliable sources in Poland that can fix you up with original ones in new and used condition, black or brown in color. Want more P-83 goodies? There's more! Extra mags and cleaning rods can also be had. Prices are reasonable and delivery is pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by jaegermeister View Post
    No problem finding holsters! Go to GB where there are several reliable sources in Poland that can fix you up with original ones in new and used condition, black or brown in color. Want more P-83 goodies? There's more! Extra mags and cleaning rods can also be had. Prices are reasonable and delivery is pretty quick.
    My bank charges $10.00 for a cashiers check which makes buying from Poland cost prohibitive. I hope to find one here in the states.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BCR#1 View Post
    My bank charges $10.00 for a cashiers check which makes buying from Poland cost prohibitive. I hope to find one here in the states.

Bill
    The cost of a USPS money order is about $1.00.

IIRC the last USPS MO I got last month was like $1.42
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by bvd1 View Post
    It wouldn't matter if they were free, the seller lives in Poland and won't accept post office MO's, hence the cashiers check route. I'm getting ready to head to my FFL and pick the pistol up.

Maybe it will fit in a makarov holster.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BCR#1 View Post
    It wouldn't matter if they were free, the seller lives in Poland and won't accept post office MO's, hence the cashiers check route. I'm getting ready to head to my FFL and pick the pistol up.

Maybe it will fit in a makarov holster.
    Bill
    I keep my P-83 in a Mak holster. Fits like it was made for it. Ditto for the flippy Polish cleaning tool.

The guy in Poland I dealt with wouldn't take a USPS MO either. He requested Western Union Money Orders which worked out splendidly since a lot of super markets/convenience stores use them. I order several items at different times from him and there was never a problem.

Welcome JohnBall to the forum! Sure the P-83 will fit in a Makarov holster. Originality may be a goal, though, (it was for me anyway) and to have a genuine P-83 holster makes it more complete. There is a compartment inside a P-83 to park the original cleaning rod unlike that of the Makarov's.

I won one off auction arms a couple of months back. I know of a store that has 4 or 5 of them for $239. I'll just say I beat that price with shipping and transfer fee. A pretty little accurate gun. Recoil is not bad.
    If some anti asks you how many guns do you own, tell them MORE THAN ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by bvd1 View Post
    One would have to get a USPS International MO...... Alsp check at the PO to see if POland woukd accept them. Some countries don't, It is all according to their postal treaties with the USPS.
    Free men own guns- Slaves don't
    RIP- my dear dog Jake 1998-3/11/2011 (pictured in Avatar)
    The home of Bosco- my new Black Lab
    Molon Labe....

The pistol that SOG sent me was as advertised, in very good condition with some bluing loss at the muzzle and a few light scratches on the slide. This was definitely a carry gun for someone in Poland. The bore is bright and shiny w/ no real wear to the lands.

Neither mag was #'ed to the gun and I did receive a cleaning rod. I just wish the holster would have been included. I go for originality also, so an original holster must be found.

Bill

SOG has them for $180, come with 2 mags. I bought a pair a while back, they came in excellent condition. I just checked, they still have them in stock at that price. Not all that many of these were made compared to some other surplus pistols, so get some now if you want them.

I like mine. They handle and shoot VERY similarly to a Makarov, but they look so weird that you get interesting looks at the range.

edit: and yes, they fit in any holster that will take a Mak. (in fact, I've found that all 9x18 pistols can use the same holsters)