Thread: toz-8?

Default toz-8?

hello everyone i was wondering if i could tap into some of the knowledge on here and see if we could identify this old 22lr? we pulled it out of a family members closet and just trying to see what we got and if it is something that should get restored or just placed on a shelf. i have tried to do some digging and what i have come up with (which could be completely wrong lol) is that it is a Russian toz-8 military trainer rifle. looks like there might be a date on it but not sure. and if it is a toz-8 which model is it i have seen 8-01's and 8m;s but cant tell what ours is

now here are the pics i have of mine. no name on it just a symbol with 1950r under it. and missing front sight post and not sure if original stock. the numbers on the bolt and receiver match but cant find any other numbers and where could i find a front sight post for it any help would be great thank you.

Yes its a TOZ 8 made at the Tula Arsenal in 1950
    I am an international Gunboards patron

cool thank you are these rifles decent? we have shot it and it seems ok cant say as far as accuracy cause no front sight. is there a place to get the front sight or the mount for the rear there are a couple holes that make me think there was some type of scope or something similar.

I'm afraid the spare front sight will be a very difficult part to get, its a simple piece that can de reproduced or maybe adapted from other rifle-I'll take pictures of my TOZ8 and post the detail here for you to see the part--About the holes you mention, yes maybe there was a scope installed somteime there, the rifle does not originally drilled at the factory

i went to clean it last night and was removing the barrel from the stock i got hung up and could not get it out seemed like i was missing a screw near the rear of the receiver but there is no hole would it just be a snug fit in there and just a little force will get it out i was hesitant on doing that not know what rifle it was at the time or how brittle it was but i can get all the visible screws out which i believe is one on the front hand rest area two for the trigger guard and two on the butt plate am i missing any? when i get them off i can pull it apart easily and it seems like its pivoting on something in the rear just behind the trigger but i cant see anything. i wanted to give it a good cleaning has been sitting for quite some time. and what are these valued at roughly?

Here is Manual for this rifle http://news.webshots.com/album/560932524aJoaQB if You need it.
    And this is mine Toz-8M http://sports.webshots.com/album/578562198kmSJYO
    1."Кто не с нами,-тот против нас.
    Если враг не сдается,- его уничтожают"- Максим Горький.
    2."..Мы будем преследовать террористов везде. В аэропорту в аэропорту. Значит, Вы уж меня извините, в туалете поймаем, мы и в сортире их замочим, в конце концов. Всё, вопрос закрыт окончательно."- В. Путин.
    3."The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    - Thomas Jefferson.

do you know of a reason there would not be any engravings or model number on this rifle? all that i have seen has it engraved on the receiver this one does not

Junior, your rifle was made in the USSR, at that time there was no choice but to get the TOZ8, the market was controlled, everything was controlled, and there was no commercial competition between manufacturers, so engraving, embellishing or any even basic cosmetic detail was omitted.

I don't know much about these rifles either - My rifle is in excellent condition, but......it does not fire - Mebbe I will make it a project to get it working this Summer

Pahtu.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...-bug-questions