Thread: 7.62 x45 ammo

Default 7.62 x45 ammo

What is the current status of this ammo? How much is it selling for? How does an individual ship ammo without --lying?
    Can you use ups without any extra stuff.

Very hard to find and very corrosive with a lot of duds! Buffalo Arms used to make it at $2. a round! Never had a prob with Ammo and UPS! You may find some surplus on Gun Broker sometimes ranging from .75 cents to $1.50 a round, which is why the VZ 52 is not Popular but you can start reloading!

I always keep my eyes open when I go to gunshows and out of the way gun shops. I also bought a set of dies, but jammed it on the very first attempt at converting Carcano brass!
    Gunbroker seems to have a little all the time. I've found the older brass cased works much better than the steel cased stuff.

Default 7.62x45 ammo

There always seems to but the old ammo around. 1000rnds sold on the trader forum. As previoulsy mentioned the old amuntion is very corrosive. If you have a rifle look under the gas adjustment cylinder. Thats where the most corrosion seems to happen as it was the last place to be cleaned. Also the rifleing sufferd as well.

Reloading is the way to go for now with this round, but it's a labor of interest. If you like the rifle then you will want to make your own ammunition. I use 220 swift cases and have had no problem with the reformed case's. I think there is alot of info on the process out there. Not rocket science. 7.62x45 is a great round!

I have two VZ-52's one A "SHE" and one is a "AYM" quality is about the same for both. Typical interesting well made "50's" rifle. Way nicer than SKS's.

Good luck

Thanks. Had a chance to get a 1000 rd case fro $400, but now think I ought to pass. The case had a hole punctured in it and looked old as the hills.

Some for sale on the trader right now.

Bought some from a member here and am VERY satisfied. It can be found for sure.
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959-1963

I'm dumb. Can't find it. Gonna look again. Found it thanks.
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959-1963