Default FEG Turk Police .380

My local dealer has one of these pistols. I am not familiar with this particular model, but it seems well made and looks unfired and unissued. It comes with two 10 round magazines. The OTD price is $281.00. Good price or not?Hows the quality of these pistols? Thanks for your comments and opinions.

Victor

If it is the FEG and in 380 , if it is the one I'm thinking of, it is an all steel version of the FEG P-63. The commercial version is labeled the AP-9, also called the Walam 48. Like the P63 it is also a Walther knock off. Decent guns. reliable, not something for a BBQ ( not fancy and a little rough ) but the ones I've seen go bang every time you pull the trigger. Could be wrong, been wrong before, research the FEG AP9 and see if you get a match.

All the Feg pistols are detailed here http://www.hungariae.com/FegR61.htm
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

Gents,
    I looked around and the pistol model is (I believe) the B9R. It looks more like a compact Browning Hi-power. It has an alloy frame.

Vic

I looked at getting one of those when they were all over the place for cheap. Believe I read somewhere that internally, they're similar to a Browning BDA. I think they came in a plastic case with and extra mag, but not sure.

Sounds like a good price to me.

Well, if it is a B9R, it sure isn't the pistal I was thinking of. The B9R is 15 rounds and 35 Oz. Never held one one nor read any reviews so I'm out of the net.

The Turk police pistols we had in the shop were B9R's. If I remember correctly, they were imported during the AWB and came with two 10rd magazines... maybe they were 15rd magazines blocked to 10rds. I remember places like J&G selling the 15rd magazines seperately. They were nice pistols. Wish I had kept one for myself.

Don't know that specific model, but I have owned maybe a half dozen FEG's. Never had any trouble with any of them. Mauser bought the FEG High Power copies and sold them as Mausers, with the Mauser banner on them, and Israel used them for police and some military work. FEG was the Hungarian State arms maker for their own military and police arms for a century or so. Good quality reliable and solid, but nothing fancy, great prices.

mark

If its the .380 it's overpriced for what is probably an AP9, similar to a PA-63 but in .380. It was also made for South Africa.
    I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Quote Originally Posted by jjk308 View Post
    If its the .380 it's overpriced for what is probably an AP9, similar to a PA-63 but in .380. It was also made for South Africa.
    It's not. It's a B9R, not a Walther copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Looter View Post
    It's not. It's a B9R, not a Walther copy.
    The B9R seems to be a better pistol than the Walther copy FEGs.
    I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

VictorC,
    If you don't want to purchase the Turk, please PM me with the name and contact info of your local dealer.

"Bugler. Sound the charge." Captain Nathan Brittles.

Quote Originally Posted by dogngun2 View Post
    Don't know that specific model, but I have owned maybe a half dozen FEG's. Never had any trouble with any of them. Mauser bought the FEG High Power copies and sold them as Mausers, with the Mauser banner on them, and Israel used them for police and some military work. FEG was the Hungarian State arms maker for their own military and police arms for a century or so. Good quality reliable and solid, but nothing fancy, great prices.

mark
    Owned and carried FEG PMK380 (civilian version of PA63, .380ACP caliber, all black finish)for awhile. What an unredeemed piece of sh*t. Double action trigger pull was about twenty pounds, and I kid you not. Accuracy was fair to poor. Metal was abrading away already after a few hundred rounds. Would not feed anything but ball ammo; by "would not feed", I mean that for anything but ball, you had to stick your fingers in there and finagle th round into the chamber. Bought it new, sold it for about half what I paid for it and consider myself fortunate - and wiser.

Here's the link to the B9R. Otherwise there is very little info on it. http://www.hungariae.com/FegB9R.htm

The pistol is VERY different from the old PA-63 and weighs about 50% more, with a 13 shot magazine. Few were imported and spare parts and mags are non-existent. It's the sort of medium size military/police .380 we rarely see in the USA.

I agree with One Two Bravo on the PA-63 PMK380 problems. My PA-63 sucked and attempts top fix the grip and DA pull left it still a POS. But the B9R has to be better!