Thread: My Sniper Rifles with PIC

Default My Sniper Rifles with PIC

I thought i would share with you all my Sniper Rifle Collection. I just bought a FN-49 AL Sniper but it has not come yet so ill add pic of that when it comes in.

-CZ 700 S with a Leupold Mark 4 Scope
    the stock has some type of black baked on paint but other then that it is in really great shape.
    - Finnish M28/76
    This rifle in in average condition but has the scope rail on it. i have an original MSW Wetzlar(later aka Schmidt&Bender) 4X36 scope that goes with it but no scope mount yet. i may have to buy one of the MFI repo mount. let me know what i should do. wait for an original scope mount to come up or buy the repo
    - Mosin Nagant 91/30 PU Sniper 1943
    this rifle is not import marked and has all matching numbers bore slight dark but strong riffling and no pitting.
    - Swedish m41B Mauser
    SAMCO import not all matching
    - PSL
    Made in Romania and in very good condition. not a part kit
    Let me know what you think and by all means if something is not right with one of these please let me know.
    http://s859.photobucket.com/albums/a...iper%20rifles/

Very nice! Many people are too lazy to click on a link so I took the liberty of posting one of your photos to tempt them in.

Purists of the world, unite!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    Samuel Adams

how do you do that? i tried to post the pic like that but it said the file was to big. thanks

here is my Mosin Nagant sniper does everything look original? it is not import marked so i am assuming it is an original and not a put together.

Nice collection. Your PU appears to be a correct Refurbed 43 Izhevsk PU with a refurbed Kazan made KOMZ SVT type PU scope made in 1943. The serial number of your rifle would fall in a block of snipers made in 43, see the sticky by CH at the top of the sniper forum page. Your barrel shank has had a good bit of polish with refurb, which is not unusual, but does it still have some of the originally fitted scope number on the left barrel shank?

it does not have a scope number on the barrel shank. i think it was an early import that was missed during the import marking. i would like to think it was a bring back but it does not show the ware i would expect from a bring back.

Quote Originally Posted by brodydog View Post
    it does not have a scope number on the barrel shank. i think it was an early import that was missed during the import marking. i would like to think it was a bring back but it does not show the ware i would expect from a bring back.
    I would examine that barrel shank area with a magnification for a hint of a removed number. You may not see anything but heavy polishing as some were totally removed and I have 3 or 4 like that. I suspect your rifle was a Coles import, and the import mark was missed/forgotten. I have seen several like that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	German Group.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	234.0 KB 
ID:	563345Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Russian Group.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	222.2 KB 
ID:	563346Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mixed Group2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	563347Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Japanese Group.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	305.8 KB 
ID:	563348
    Here is my grouping of 22 years of collecting, First time I have posted the majority of my collection, I have some common snipers and some rare and some uber rare. Like most collectors I am constantly on the hunt to upgrade and add on. I have seen my share of fakes and fakers and met many a friends along the way. I know there are guys collections who can trump me, so lets do a little show and tell. Hope you enjoy my photos but forgive my camera skills.
    Seabees can do!

Very nice NMCB. Is there a Kokura 99 sniper in there and does it have a scope issued for same? Good stuff. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by mike radford View Post
    Very nice NMCB. Is there a Kokura 99 sniper in there and does it have a scope issued for same? Good stuff. Thanks for posting.
    Yes mike the bottom two are both Kokura's with Kokura scopes,one gun is in the 200 serial number range and the other in the 600 range, the 6oo range has the " substitute " Kanji engraved on the reciever as some were sent back to the factory and reissued as such. The 4x fixed third from the top is all matching including the scope. I think its safe to say I put these in my "uber rare " catagory. I can't show the Japanese snipers with out saying thanks to good old Vic Soto, to say he helped me is a understatement.
    Mike am I wrong in thinking it was you who posted a very nice Japanese sniper collection yourself not to long back? Thanks for the comment on my collection.
    Seabees can do!

Quote Originally Posted by NMCB62 View Post
    Yes mike the bottom two are both Kokura's with Kokura scopes,one gun is in the 200 serial number range and the other in the 600 range, the 6oo range has the " substitute " Kanji engraved on the reciever as some were sent back to the factory and reissued as such. The 4x fixed third from the top is all matching including the scope. I think its safe to say I put these in my "uber rare " catagory. I can't show the Japanese snipers with out saying thanks to good old Vic Soto, to say he helped me is a understatement.
    Mike am I wrong in thinking it was you who posted a very nice Japanese sniper collection yourself not to long back? Thanks for the comment on my collection.
    Vic Soto was really helpful to me as well. It is always a good idea to get help, especially a rare item like a Kokura 99 sniper. I still have 3, had two others, have 2 Kokura 99 scopes. The adjustables are not to common either. Japanese snipers are darn interesting. I need some more scopes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails k99and97and98s 138.JPG   k99and97and98s 139.JPG   k99and97and98s 141.jpg  

Very very nice grouping Mike, you think we could get them togeather and breed them like rabbits? Is that a 4x adjustable scope box by the adjustable? That's the only box I am missing. Your photos shows the different color woods that came out during the war,I have one that has Real reddish hue to it,sticks out like a sore thumb.
    Looks like your just missing a couple 97 scopes, I had two 99 fixed scopes ( EK) manufacture that VIc said less than ten known,but sold them recently. 97 scopes aren't to hard to come across but as you know prices are flying up. How many of those 97's are Nagoya's verses Kokura's? Do you collect other snipers also? Once again very nice collection of the intriguing Japanese sniper rifle.
    Seabees can do!

Quote Originally Posted by NMCB62 View Post
    Very very nice grouping Mike, you think we could get them togeather and breed them like rabbits? Is that a 4x adjustable scope box by the adjustable? That's the only box I am missing. Your photos shows the different color woods that came out during the war,I have one that has Real reddish hue to it,sticks out like a sore thumb.
    Looks like your just missing a couple 97 scopes, I had two 99 fixed scopes ( EK) manufacture that VIc said less than ten known,but sold them recently. 97 scopes aren't to hard to come across but as you know prices are flying up. How many of those 97's are Nagoya's verses Kokura's? Do you collect other snipers also? Once again very nice collection of the intriguing Japanese sniper rifle.
    Thanks. Yea, I collect other snipers too. What was I thinking. A route to poverty.

There are 3 Nagoya and 3 Kokura 97's in there. I sold the one Nagoya which was restored by Don Voight.

The middle rifle with the light stock is my first Kokura. It was painted black, including part of the metal. When I saw it I was thinking I am trading this beautiful Artillery Luger with matching stock for the ulgyist rifle I have ever seen. Am I nuts? Being sure the paint was US added I had to get it off this original stock. The metal was very easy. I just got that ugly paint off and added few coats of Howards Feed and Wax. It definitely looks better but of course is not close to original. The rifle produced a 0.84 inch 5 shot group at 100 yds using Norma and a scope that is like looking through skim milk with dozens of pepper specks in it. Anybody that underestimates Japanese snipers has not fired enough of them. Every one there has been fired by me, plus a couple of other Kokura 99s and another Kokura 97.

Yes, the case is for the adjustable.