Albanian 91/30 stock ?

Thread: Albanian 91/30 stock ?

Default Albanian 91/30 stock ?

I asked about this several years ago but lost the information on it. I think someone said it was an Albanian stock for the 91/30. Help would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   4.jpg   3.jpg   6.jpg   5.jpg  

7.jpg  
    Last edited by enfield trader; 07-04-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enfield trader View Post
    I asked about this several years ago but lost the information on it. I think someone said it was an Albanian stock for the 91/30. Help would be appreciated.
    Check-out Ted's page on the Albanian 91/30:

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRareAlbM9130.htm
    Purists of the world, unite!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    Samuel Adams

Interesting Beech stock!

Pahtu.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Interesting, yes. Not experienced enough to say with certainty, but some of the features are consistent with the link that Richard provided.

Just to throw out some more food for thought, and some comparisons to other beech stocks. I recently picked up an Albanian stocked M44 with beech and the flat rear comb area that does not extend as far forward as your example. Also, notice that the grasping grooves are offset on the Romanian stock, and not on the one above. Pics.

And to note. The Poles also issued a beech 91/30 stock with the same sling slot escutcheon combination as the OP example. Comb is not flattened. The Hungarians also had beech as furniture - no pics of that yet.

I looked at the pics on 7.62x54r and the comb is flat the whole length on my stock so any ideas on what country it is from?

I believe this to be an Albanian as well. Note how flat the top of the butt stock is and how wide the side rails are. Not sure what the wood is. Could be beech.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3 - Stock 2.jpg  

Calif, land run by liberals, and illegal immigrants

Default Abanian Acacia stock

I've had this ex PU for quite some time. It has what we believe to be a Albanian stock in Acacia wood. OP's stock is identical, even to the rough cut sling slots!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Albanian PU 008.jpg   Abanian PU 004.jpg   PU 021.jpg   PU 003.jpg   albanian PU.jpg  
    Last edited by capnduane; 05-17-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by capnduane View Post
    I've had this ex PU for quite some time. It has what we believe to be a Albanian stock in Acacia wood. OP's stock is identical, even to the rough cut sling slots!
    I'm no expert on wood genus, but I think it looks like beech.
    Wer von seinem Tag nicht zwei Drittel für sich selbst hat, ist ein Sklave.

Calif, land run by liberals, and illegal immigrants

wink2 beech/acacia??????????

Years ago, I recollect the summer of '05, We had quite a discussion about this stock. The consensus was it was acacia. Beech is very similar. I don't know for sure? I have quite a few Swedes in beech, and this is different. I was a carpenter for 49 years, and I don't know much about wood types, just made mountains of sawdust, cutting the stuff up and makin wages!

Quote Originally Posted by qz2026 View Post
    I believe this to be an Albanian as well. Note how flat the top of the butt stock is and how wide the side rails are. Not sure what the wood is. Could be beech.
    I remember that one well.