Question Armscor revolvers

does anyone have 1st hand experience with these Colt look alikes. how do they shoot???

thanks to all.

No first hand experience, but I have some information on them.
    Made in the Phillipines by Armscor, they are modernised copies of the Colt Official Police and Detective Special revolvers licensed by Colt. THey have coil springs, floating firing pins and are all steel.
    I have read owners reports that they are very accurate and trouble free.
    FWIW, I have had 5 Armscor-made 1911 pistols, including 2 that I sometimes carry now, and they are excellent, reliable and very accurate pistols. I have been shooting handguns for nearly 40 years, including several types of 1911's, and Armscors are what I own and carry.

The revolvers are available from Centerfire systems.

mark

The new ones are the best of entry level firearms.

The old versions are junk. (1970's and 1980's)
    Semper Fi,
    ret_Marine2003

Located at American Legion post 300, somewhere in Northern Michigan.

Default Armscor

Here is a bit of history about Armscor. During WWII, the US had built weapons plants in the Philippines to supply 1911's, 1917's, Thompsons, M-1 Garands, and M-1, M-2, and M-3 carbines to our troops. At the end of the war, the US sold all of the plants, including presses, dies, molds, left over parts etc., to the Philipino government and they became Armscor. They are now distributed through Charles Daly (1911's) and several other US and European companys. So they started with a good foundation but with the high cost of material for a rebuilding country, Quality wasn't what it should be, until recently. It's still not great, but it's better.

My father-in-law picked up a LNIB Armscor .45 for a song. The old jarhead literally hasn't fired a handgun since his time in the service back in the 60's. I took him to my sportsman's club and he outshot me freehand with what turned out to be quite a little tack driver. Call me impressed (on a couple of counts)! I decided that it is definitely in my best interest to treat his little girl like royalty.

Thanks for the info guys!
    What has our country become? More takers than givers.

"During WWII, the US had built weapons plants in the Philippines to supply 1911's, 1917's, Thompson's, M-1 Garands, and M-1, M-2, and M-3 carbines to our troops"

I don't know where you heard this, but it's certainly not true.
    The Philippines fell to the Japanese in 1941, and weren't liberated until mid-1945.
    The USA supplied the Philippines BEFORE the war with American produced guns, mostly 1917 and some 1903 rifles.

By the time the Philippines were in any shape to make military guns, the war was long over and the Philippines were under Philippine independence.

The last 1917 rifles ever produced were in late 1918/19 at Winchester and Remington in America.

Colt and the US government allowed 1911 pistols to be produced ONLY in Norway and Argentina under license.

M1 Garands were produced ONLY in America and Italy.

The Thompson, M1 and M2 Carbines were "bootlegged" in several countries, but not under any kind of US control or in a US factory.
    The M3 Carbine was a top secret Infra-Red sniper weapon and was produced only in America by Inland.

The US may have helped build arms plants in the Philippines, but they weren't EVER to supply any weapons to US troops.

What? God I missed a lot in school.

Quote Originally Posted by Don357 View Post
    Here is a bit of history about Armscor. During WWII, the US had built weapons plants in the Philippines to supply 1911's, 1917's, Thompsons, M-1 Garands, and M-1, M-2, and M-3 carbines to our troops. At the end of the war, the US sold all of the plants, including presses, dies, molds, left over parts etc., to the Philipino government and they became Armscor. They are now distributed through Charles Daly (1911's) and several other US and European companys. So they started with a good foundation but with the high cost of material for a rebuilding country, Quality wasn't what it should be, until recently. It's still not great, but it's better.

Well, I DO have 1st hand experience with an Armscor .38, a .22 AR look alike and a .22 AK look alike.
    I like all three and intend to keep them all. NO problems what so ever.....yet.

Got them from Centerfire. Kids LOVE plinking with the rifles...accurate too.

Go for it at the price.
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959-1963

Quote Originally Posted by Don357 View Post
    Here is a bit of history about Armscor - Quality wasn't what it should be, until recently. It's still not great, but it's better.
    I have been shooting 1911 pistols for nearly 40 years, and the only ones I own (and carry) are Armscor made. I have owned Charles Daly and Rock Island 1911's for over 8 years and they are excellent pistols, rugged, reliable and very accurate. My full size Daly 1911 is the MOST ACCURATE 1911 I have ever shot, regardless of cost.

I understand the Armscor revolvers are licensed Colt copies with modern features (floating frame mounted firing pin, coil springs) and if they are anything like the 1911's in quality, they are a steal at this price.
    I'd buy now before the dollar really goes to hell.

FWIW

mark

Where in order to get to the South, you have to go north

I visited the Armscor factory in 1998. It is/was staffed by generation labour, where the fathers taught their sons the trade. The production line looked like something back in the '40s - all done by hand. The quality, in my experience, is very very good in general and I've heard good remarks on the revolvers though I don't own one.

Bought a Armscor 206, the Colt Agent clone, from Centerfire Systems awhile back on sale for $249. Great revolver value!

About a year ago, when centerfire first had them listed, everyone here was saying they were junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Looter View Post
    About a year ago, when centerfire first had them listed, everyone here was saying they were junk.
    10 years ago, when I first bought an Armscor pistol, a Daly 1911, I heard the same thing. Soft steel, won't last, inacurate imported junk.
    The only 2 1911's I own at this time are Armscor-made, and they are the most reliable and accurate 1911 pistols I have ever owned in nearly 40 years of shooting handguns.
    If anyone is interested in these revolvers, I'd buy now before the prices go up.
    I expect to buy one this summer.
    mark

Quote Originally Posted by dogngun2 View Post
    10 years ago, when I first bought an Armscor pistol, a Daly 1911, I heard the same thing. Soft steel, won't last, inacurate imported junk.
    The only 2 1911's I own at this time are Armscor-made, and they are the most reliable and accurate 1911 pistols I have ever owned in nearly 40 years of shooting handguns.
    If anyone is interested in these revolvers, I'd buy now before the prices go up.
    I expect to buy one this summer.
    mark
    Hey dogngun!

Are these revolvers the MDL 200 & MDL 206 that you refer to?

Quote Originally Posted by dfariswheel View Post
    The Philippines fell to the Japanese in 1941, and weren't liberated until mid-1945.
    Bataan fell to the Japanese on April 3, 1942. On May 6, 1942 Corregidor finally fell.
    So technically, the Philippines fell mid 1942.

McArthur was so angered by Wainright's decision to surrender that he actually tried to countermand that decision. Easy for him to do, he was in Australia by then.

Ed Loyola

Quote Originally Posted by loyloyola View Post
    McArthur was so angered by Wainright's decision to surrender that he actually tried to countermand that decision. Easy for him to do, he was in Australia by then.

Ed Loyola
    Not all that simple. MacArthur's frame of mind at the time may have been only partly based on reality, partly on emotion, partly on his desire to avoid association with defeat. The truth will remain unknown because MacArthur and his staff were more concerned with his image than with historical accuracy.

Prior to the siege of Corregidor FDR's order to not surrender while there was any ability to fight on was in effect and MacArthur and Wainright both had followed this, Bataan having surrendered when food ran out in spite of their orders. This order was lifted and when the Japanese landed on Corregidor Wainright surrendered all forces in the Phillippines, not just the completely defeated ones in Luzon, because he believed the Japanese were threatening to massacre all his men if he didn't. The new orders from the President allowing surrender went through MacArthurs HQ in Australia but MacArthur refused to comment on them, just relayed them to Wainright. Thus Wainright believed MacArthur was angry at him for surrendering.

See: http://www.history.army.mil/books/ww...ents.htm#part1

Chapters XXVII and XXXII
    I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Default Wainright's Surrender

I read an interesting story a few years ago, and it may have been just a story. I think it was in an old American Rifleman magazine. It seems that Gen. Wainright had a sidearm that he had had for many years. I don't remember exactly what it was but think it was a Colt SAA. When surrender was eminent he had an aide wrap the gun in grease and cloths and take it into the jungle and hide it in a hollow tree. After the war ended the gun was retrieved and returned to Gen. Wainright no worse for the wear.

During this time Gen. MacArthur did have an ego problem; one of the members of his staff writing about him after the war refused to refer to him by name, just called him Big Ego. This being said, it was known that he did have concerns for the troops under him until the war in Korea, where orders were issued from Tokyo to the troops, bordering on insanity. One member of his staff writing after the cease fire noted that after Inchon MacArthur was "nuttier than a fruit cake."

A bit out of topic; i read years ago that the USA shipped a complete factory to produce the M2 .50 in australia and the ship was torpedoed and lost.

Hey jjk308, we're practically neighbors, live in Carrollwood!