Default F.I.E titan .25 auto pistol

A buddy of mine has one he wants to sell me for $100 i was just curious if this is a good deal it is in pretty good condition but is a little worn because he used it as his carry gun for many years. any info or comments are greatly appreciated.

thanks pat k
    Patrick Kelley jr

Worth about $50, if that. Rocks are more accurate, cheaper to shoot, and more reliable.

They hit harder, too.

I had one, many moons ago. One of the few I don't regret getting rid of. YMMV

not a fan of the .25. Most of the .25 guns are not terribly well made (there are a few exceptions) and it is basically a .22 that costs a lot more per shot (ballistically). The only reason to get this would be if you really want a small gun to carry and cannot afford something a little better (like a kel-tec .32 or something?). If you do decide to buy, try it first.

I certainly wouldn't buy it for a carry gun, even for a back up. If it's small size you want, Ruger and Taurus make .380's that are that small. If it's just a "Having" gun, $60 or $70 is more like it.

Best to tell your buddy thanks but no thanks. That gun is only worth whatever voucher or coupon can be traded for it the next time there's a gun buy back in your area.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.

The Titan was manufactured by G. Tanfoglio, Itay. For a inexpensive gun they were not the worst, the one I had went bang every time I pulled the trigger, but to each his own. As far as carrying a .25 auto, before the advent of the new small .32s I carried a Colt .25 because it had to be " deep concealment ". Not the best or first choice but better than a sharp stick, A face full of .25 ACPs will take the meanness out of any one. Many and I mean, many people ( police officers included ) have been killed by the useless .25.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron J View Post
    A face full of .25 ACPs will take the meanness out of any one. Many and I mean, many people ( police officers included ) have been killed by the useless .25.
    I simply said it was very close to .22 LR, not that it was useless. The .22 has also caused a fair number of fatalities.

Quote Originally Posted by d-square View Post
    I would take a .25ACP before a .22LR, do to the fact duds are encountered more often in .22LR than the centerfire .25 ACP.
    I agree there are more duds in rimfire esp if you do not buy pricy ammo, a great point if looking at self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry G View Post
    I certainly wouldn't buy it for a carry gun, even for a back up. If it's small size you want, Ruger and Taurus make .380's that are that small. If it's just a "Having" gun, $60 or $70 is more like it.
    My current 9mm is not much bigger than the classic .25s --- we have many options in pocket guns from .22 to 9mm that just did not exist in 1965.

Not knocking the 25 acp, but the gun. The FIE Titan was a cheaply made junker. To me it's a $50 gun, but he'd probably have no problem getting $100 at a flea market or gunshow from someone looking for a cheap gun with no paperwork.

thanks for the info i will see if i can talk him down some. i am not gonna use it as a carry gun i am just a fan of small pistols and this one looked neat.
    Patrick Kelley jr

Quote Originally Posted by Ron J View Post
    The Titan was manufactured by G. Tanfoglio, Itay. For a inexpensive gun they were not the worst, the one I had went bang every time I pulled the trigger, but to each his own. As far as carrying a .25 auto, before the advent of the new small .32s I carried a Colt .25 because it had to be " deep concealment ". Not the best or first choice but better than a sharp stick, A face full of .25 ACPs will take the meanness out of any one. Many and I mean, many people ( police officers included ) have been killed by the useless .25.
    I had 3 or 4 of them. They are very reliable and you can actually hit your target with one with a little practice. They are hammer guns with good safeties, and can be carried cocked and locked or at half cock. I think $100 is a little high if it is worn, but shoot it first and see how you like it. As shooters they are equally reliable as the small Beretta DA pistols that cost 3 times that money. People disparage the old .25, but it is still very popular and it can kill an assailant.
    I like the Titans a lot.

mark

its a good $50 gun if it feeds, shoots and hits a water jug 15 short paces....
    FMJ's gets the most penetration and most reliable feeding!

May daily carry gun is a SIG P238, but I do have an FIE Titan that lives in my truck and I've been known to drop in my pocket on occasion. My experience with it has been like dogngun2's and Ron J's. I can hit what I'm aiming at, within reason...golf balls at 10 to 15 yards are a bit of a stretch, but a torso-sized target at the same distance is a piece of cake. Sure there are far, far better pistols to carry, but it is what it is: a pre-'68 pocket auto with a steel slide and barrel, a zamack frame in .25 auto. And like others have said, it's better than a sharp stick. If you can shoot it before you buy, do so. I wouldn't pay more than $100 though. If it runs and you can get for a decent price, it's always nice to have a small, not-too-valuable pistol to put in your pocket on a rainy day.