Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: StG44 22lr scope mount

Default StG44 22lr scope mount

Good news for GSG StG44 22lr owners. Attempting to put my original H&K 93 Hensoldt scope and mount on my new GSG StG44 revealed a tight lockup.Wanting to put a Zf4 scope on with 30mm rings I ordered the all steel UTG mount for H&K rifles which has a Picatinney rail on top.The UTG is all Steel and very well made and locks up exaxtly like the H&K Stanag mount. The mount came today and great news :It locks up perfectly on the StG44 No forcing whatsoever. As soon as my 30 mm rings arrive I will have a StG44 22lr with a Zf4 scope.Please note although both ways locks up tight ,the way the mount is on my rifle was straight with the iron sights,the other way was a little off.Test fired a few rounds and everthing works as normal.
    Attachment 581095Attachment 581098Attachment 581100
    Attachment 581096Attachment 581097Attachment 581099

Thanks for the info.....I got one on order. I have a steel tubed Weaver K3 that will work great on it.
    "Senator, don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Took the H&K mount with my Zf4 scope to the range today on the Stg44. Perfect results ,took the scope mount on and off 3 or 4 times and came right gack to zero.Was shooting under 1" at 100;folks who buy these rifles are going to be very pleased with the accuracy .Did not have time to fire a lot of rounds today ;maybe 50 or so but again no malfunctions. Been only using Winchester power points so far but will test some others this week

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Vortrekker View Post
    Took the H&K mount with my Zf4 scope to the range today on the Stg44. Perfect results ,took the scope mount on and off 3 or 4 times and came right gack to zero.Was shooting under 1" at 100;folks who buy these rifles are going to be very pleased with the accuracy .Did not have time to fire a lot of rounds today ;maybe 50 or so but again no malfunctions. Been only using Winchester power points so far but will test some others this week
    I was wondering about the return to zero thing. Thanks.
    "Senator, don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Quote Originally Posted by 1srelluc View Post
    I was wondering about the return to zero thing. Thanks.
    My H&K type mount locks up very tight on my StG44 receiver and limited testing has found it to be repeatable.The first time I put the mount on it took a lot of pressure to clamp down the lock lever.Having a lot of experience with the original German military H&K Hensoldt mount/scope they do not always fit perfectly.I have a custom build H&K 93 and also an original H&K 93 and have the military mount on both and never had a problem.I have however heard of some on the HK pro forum that have had some problems with this mount due to variations in receivers.Seeing how my mount has fit so well on the Stg receiver I would have to think only minor fitting at most would be necessary to make this mount work on any GSG StG44 rifle.I was very careful to replace the mount in the same place on the receiver that I removed from.

Hi, I ordered the exact same mount for my GSG STG 44, It fits, but I can not close or lock the mount. Any suggestions?

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by hofbraucity View Post
    Hi, I ordered the exact same mount for my GSG STG 44, It fits, but I can not close or lock the mount. Any suggestions?

Pat
    Make sure when you open the mount so that the moving side locking legs are in the totally down position;you might have to depress the smaller top lever and move the longer lever up and down till the locking feet drop.If they are not ,the mount will not be able to slip over the receiver.When you hook the stationary feet under the ridge of the receiver ,depress the longer locking bar till it clicks...the first time mine needed a lot of pressure to click and lock.A quick downward smack with the butt end of a screwdriver on the locking bar might be necessary . My 2 original German /Hensoldt H&K mounts are just as hard to get on my HK93 rifles.Mine went on both ways on the StG but the way I show in my pictures is dead flat across the top.The mount will be tight ;but this is what you want.
    Last edited by Deutsche Vortrekker; 09-07-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Thanks, I took off two bolts on the underside of the scope mount and it then fit. I just had remove the two lock washers.

Good news: It shot well.

Bad news: I fired about 200 rounds and the rod that holds the carrier to the bolt broke off.

Hopefully, ATI will be as responsive as with the GSG 1911.

Pat

You must do that with the Original HK German mount because all receivers are slightly different ;glad it works! I chipped one of my magazine feed lips (it still works) (shown in earlier post) ATI got right back to me and said the mag would be replaced as soon as they arrived from Germany so I think you should be ok. I hope these folks realize that we are going to shoot these weapons not just look at them (I have 1,300 rounds out of mine so far) I am stunned by the accuracy of my StG44 .I get consistent 1" groups at 100 yards and shoots right up there in accuracy with my Brno and Walther bolt 22's Also if you do not like the very slight movement of the takedown stock butt ,put 3 pieces of black electrical tape on male end of the receiver .When you slip that puppy on it goes on slick and fits tight!

Wow, How do you manage one inch groups with that trigger? What type of ammo are you using? Are you doing that with iron sights or a scope? Also, It is hard to bench rest it with that ling clip, how did you solve that problem?

Pat

Attachment 584225Attachment 584226Attachment 584227
    Quote Originally Posted by hofbraucity View Post
    Wow, How do you manage one inch groups with that trigger? What type of ammo are you using? Are you doing that with iron sights or a scope? Also, It is hard to bench rest it with that ling clip, how did you solve that problem?

Pat
    My trigger is pretty decent in mine a typical Mauser type 2 stage I guess I am used to it.I shoot Winchester power points HV... they are very accurate in all my 22's .I shoot with Iron sights all the time and for my bench groups I shot resting the StG on an ammo box ;it was high enough to keep the mag off the table.I will post some more groups this week with the Zf/4 scope and hope to get a rapid fire video shooting at clay birds at 100.My GSG5 is also pretty accurate but the best I was able to do with this rifle was about golf ball size groups at 100 ;the Stg is really a very accurate rifle .Im quite happy with it.Here are 2 typical (but not the best) groups at 100 from my ammo box rest and standing
    Last edited by Deutsche Vortrekker; 09-09-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Wow...nice. I received mine last weekend and took it out for testing. I am also very impress with its accuracy. I did a bench test at 25 yd using Remington golden bullet. It misfired a few times. But nothing too serious. One thing I noticed was that my rifle shot real low at POA. I had to raise the rear sight all the way up to 10 in order to bring it back to POA. But once it is done, it shot perfectly (see the attached grouping)...Did anyone has the sighting problem? I emailed the ATI and they said to ship it back but the turn around time is 6-8 wks...I might just keep mine as is right now.
    I was able to raise the rear sight by placing a small nut on top of the 2 screw holes and then reinstall the rear sight back on to the receiver which leave no gap between the receiver and the rear sight (see attached pic). Will need to test firing it this weekend. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STG-44 .22lr Remington.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	585214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020380 (640x479).jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	585215

Quote Originally Posted by 4sixes View Post
    Wow...nice. I received mine last weekend and took it out for testing. I am also very impress with its accuracy. I did a bench test at 25 yd using Remington golden bullet. It misfired a few times. But nothing too serious. One thing I noticed was that my rifle shot real low at POA. I had to raise the rear sight all the way up to 10 in order to bring it back to POA. But once it is done, it shot perfectly (see the attached grouping)...Did anyone has the sighting problem? I emailed the ATI and they said to ship it back but the turn around time is 6-8 wks...I might just keep mine as is right now.
    I was able to raise the rear sight by placing a small nut on top of the 2 screw holes and then reinstall the rear sight back on to the receiver which leave no gap between the receiver and the rear sight (see attached pic). Will need to test firing it this weekend. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STG-44 .22lr Remington.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	585214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020380 (640x479).jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	585215
    I talked to the ATI guy and he said the front sights were left a bit high on purpose .I carefully filed a flat on mine (it was too pointy for my liking anyway) and now my 50 yard zero is 3 and my 100 yard zero is 5 ....perfect
    Attachment 585216

Tested the "modified" rear sight and it worked great. 50 yard zero at 3 and 100 yd zero at 5...sweet. Although it shot well with the new set-up, I am worry that I might accidentally break off the 2 screws holding the rear sight on the receiver. Will use the HK scope mount instead.

Could you kindly let me know where you order your 30 mm scope rings and the type of rings you ordered? Please post some pictures with it mounted on the rifle? Much appreciate

I would like to add my voice to 4sixes. A picture of the ZF4 mounted and some info on the 30 mm rings used (low, medium, high?) would be greatly appreciated.

I saw that Sarco has a HK style claw mount and scope combo, how much variation can one expect from different claw mounts? Is there a way to measure if the fit will be too tight? Is it possible that the alloy reciever of the STG might be distorted from too much pressure resulting in a the bolt being unable to recoil fully? I am not sure if I want to order the UTG mount and find a scope for it or try the combo from SAECO. Thanks for your advice!
    Joe S

4:23:59 PM CDT

I put a UTG HK style claw mount on my STG44, had to fiddle with it for quite a while to get it locked on, dont exactly know how I did it. At any rate, the Siimmons 4x scope that I put on it has such long eye relief, coupled with the short buttstock, that I have to hang the scope on with one ring and have it hang forward of the mount. Can anyone recommend a scope with short eye relief that would work with this short buttstock and mount?

Thanks!

Joe S

i found an hk claw mount for hk g3, is that the kind you used on your stg

i found an hk claw mount for g3 mp5is that the style you used on your stg?.-

I bought the UTG number HK02, Gen II Stanag Claw Mount.

The UTG scope mount does not affect the reliability of the Stg at all. I used millet angle lock low rings so I could have windage to keep the reticle in the center of the scope when zeroed.

I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks, in anticipation of delivery of my Stg44. That claw mount looks like it mounts the scope about three inches above the receiver; how can you possibly get a cheek weld while shooting? It looks like those old scopes that mounted on top of the AR carry handle.
    An advertiser in Shotgun News has a mount for HKs that appears to put the rail right on top of the receiver. The only reference to it in the their ad is that they will include one if you buy an HK/PTR from them; I'd like to know how much it costs, and if it works?
    I put 200 rounds through my gun yesterday, and had lots of functioning issues; failures to feed, extract, and eject. The last fifty went without issue, so maybe it was a matter of "breaking it in". One thing is still won't do is extract live rounds. When I put a round against the breechface, rim under the hook, it's easy to just pull it straight off; the extractor claw appears to have too little purchase on the case rim; anyone else having issues?

The scope height is a little higher than I would prefer but it is not that bad. Remember, this rifle was never intended as a target rifle. I tried a scope with weaver style rings on the HK claw mount and decided to go with the Sarco scope becuase it fit a little lower on the mount, due to the fact that it mount directly on the Stanag claw mount without the weaver base. A lower base would be good but the iron sights might get in the way, something to check into.
    I have only had minor malfunctions with my rifle, no more than would be expected with a semi-auto. Also, I found that the claw mount pinched the reciever enough to create a little looseness in the buttstock, not enough to be a problem. I have also refrained from removing the buttstock for routine cleaning,in order to prevent the butt from loosening up. I am using a spray gunscrubber and a Q-tip to clean the bold face and chamber area without removing the bolt or bolt carrieer, so far, so good. My main complaint is that I have to use almost all of the windage with the iron sights ti get on target. The scope needed a little left windage also, but with my eyes, at age 59, the scope is much easier to use. Joe S

I have the rear sight offset to between the first and second hash-mark (eight or ten "clicks"), left of center, to get the rounds on for windage. For elevation, it's set at 700m for center hits at 20 yards. The first two times I removed the stock, I marveled that there was no play whatsoever, but after shooting the gun, and removing/replacing the stock a third time, there is now some side-to-side slop. Like you, I may resist the urge to remove it more often than absolutely necessary.

I just got one of these and took it the range last Friday. The magazine malfunctioned with the spring getting twisted around several rounds. It was firing perfectly for the first seven or eight and then failed to feed, tried to feed two at once and then failed completely. I returned it to ATI on Tuesday, at my expense, and am waiting for a replacement. The rifle itself is really good. Has anyone else had this magazine problem?

I sent a broken STG44 mag back to ATI 2 months ago....for replacement as per their instructions. Still nothing until a week ago I noticed them SELLING new mags on their website so I ordered (purchased) a new one and it came within a couple of days.Well where is my originall replacement mag for the broken one ??? I have contacted (again)ATI and so far no response.

I have one of these rifles on the way, and love the idea of using a stanag mount to scope it. I'm not real familiar with the stanag mount, only what little bit of research I've done for this GSG Stg44 that I have coming.

But, I do not want to use the 1913 rail if possible, as I think it really detracts from the historical lines. I saw a few minutes of a cheesy movie about nazi's at the center of the earth the other day, the germans were using Mp40s wtih picatinny rails - and it looked horrid! I think they were just a cheap airsoft gun they used for the prop.

I had found some 30mm rings that will mount directly to the mount, and have began looking for a short, 30mm 1-4x scope that would have the Zf4 appearance.
    These are the rings I was thinking of using: http://www.amazon.com/A-R-M-S-21-STA.../dp/B003IPISJY

Does anyone have any recommendations for a scope?

I had also read where some feel the stanag raises the scope a bit too high for a decent cheek weld, but that eliminating the picatinny rail will drop it somewhat, so i'd really rather go with just the rings setting directly on the mount for a cleaner appearance.

I appreciate any scope suggestions.

BR,

Chris.

Thanks for all your help and info Deutsche Vortrekker, I received the mount, rings and scope you suggested and it looks great and fits like a glove. I have not taken it out to zero in yet but am looking forward to it.

It looks great with the stannag mount. It is high but I think it has to be to clear the front sight. And what is cheesy about nazis fighting in the center of the earth. I believe that film was inspired by true life events. As far as the scope goes, I bought a repro ZF4 for $325.00 and it is amazing. There is one websight that sells it for $299.00.

Hi
    I'm new to this forum. I came across this tread and sence i have one of these stg's and i like the mount he's using. So i picked one up. i was looking for scopes and realy didnt want to spend 300 if i could get something that looks good. I'm posting a few pics of what i found, I'd like to know what you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STG44 Scope 018.jpg   STG44 Scope 019.jpg   STG44 Scope 022.jpg   STG44 Scope 025.jpg   STG44 Scope 027.jpg   STG44 Scope 028.jpg  

STG44 Scope 030.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Meyer View Post
    Thanks for all your help and info Deutsche Vortrekker, I received the mount, rings and scope you suggested and it looks great and fits like a glove. I have not taken it out to zero in yet but am looking forward to it.
    You are welcome Sir: helping each other with information is what this forum is all about . Any other questions feel free to PM me

What's the source of the mount show in pics 25, 27, and 28?

I got it at amazon, it's NcSTAR mp5/H&K scope mount item #mdmp5

Default Questions on the ncstar mount

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Rock88 View Post
    I got it at amazon, it's NcSTAR mp5/H&K scope mount item #mdmp5
    Very cool low cost alternative. Does the ncstar mp5 'low mount' lock up decent enough to provide a maintainable zero? I like the idea of this mount/scope as alt to iron sights on this rifle from a budget standpoint and also guessing cheek weld is easier than higher standard HK claw mount? Thanks

Also, does your scope setup on the lower mount clear the front sight? Thanks again

ya, i pulled the rear ajustable sight off but left the lower plate to cover the hold. i laser sighted in the scope last week at 50 ft and i cant see the front sight

With the GSG StG44's having an Mkb42/ MP43 style mount base I wondered if it would accept an original style zf41 mount. A few came up on ebay a few weeks ago so I took the plunge and bought one. These repro's aren't cheap, and honestly the scope and mount will cost more than what I spent on the rifle. I neglected to spend another $300 on a Numrich repro zf41 scope until I knew the mount would fit, but sure enough it fits perfectly! You will have to remove & reinstall the rear sight leaf to mount it as the windage adjustment is too wide to allow the mount to slide on, but otherwise it fits snugly with no play and locks right in. I'm gonna order a scope this week. Will post update pics with the scope if anyone's interested...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN2584.jpg   DSCN2582.jpg   DSCN2580.jpg  

besides the zf-4 scope what would be another good scope to use?

Nice, nice setup. Can you identify the mount, rings, and scope you used? I'm about to purchase one of these guns and like your setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Rock88 View Post
    Hi
    I'm new to this forum. I came across this tread and sence i have one of these stg's and i like the mount he's using. So i picked one up. i was looking for scopes and realy didnt want to spend 300 if i could get something that looks good. I'm posting a few pics of what i found, I'd like to know what you think.
    Me like, but I'd like it better if I knew what we were looking at. Please give details.

tac
    I am an international Gunboards patron

Default Where to buy items shown

Sgt Rock88
    Should have been more specific in my question. Would like to duplicate your scope and mount shown on pictures 25, 27, 28.

Already found the answer for the scope mount, thanks to your reply to a previous post, but how about the scope itself and how is it attached to the mount? Can you provide the model number and source?

Also, does anybody know where to get a repo sling for the stg-44?

Quote Originally Posted by Vipertom View Post
    Also, does anybody know where to get a repo sling for the stg-44?

Use a K98 sling.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/German-Mause...item1e742f539d
    Bill

"General Washington did not defeat the British Army with freedom of speech. He shot them."

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again!

hi
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you. It's made by by accushot, 4x28 tactical reticle intensified scope. model #sco-scpt38. It's a integral stanag mount. it won't mount to a ral set up, but it fit on the low mount i just had 2 holes drilled in the mount so i could mount it. i think i also got it on amazon.
    I got to say how nice peterson43's mount looks, can't wait to see the scope on it.

http://www.outdoorbunker.com/ACCUSHO...-scp-t38-).htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast