Thread: VZ-58 reciever

Default VZ-58 reciever

I found some VZ 58 kits with original receiver stubs and 4 mags for 250.00 each . Who make a receiver for these kits ? I checked out CNC warrior and non listed . Also is this a good price ?

Assault Weapons of Ohio (USA receivers )and Czech Point (Czech receivers).

CNC Warrior has been working on a receiver for a while, but its never come to market. Unless you want to keep waiting, AWO or Czechpoint are your options. AWO receivers are from the Ohio Rapid Fire auction, I believe.

I did not realize that reciever prices would be as high as they are and have been. I think they never went much below $200. I'm not ready to go there yet so I just bought a vz2008 for less than a parts kit and a reciever. I still have a parts kit. It was $170.00 in 2007 and came with everything---4 mags, pouch, bayo , cleaning kit, etc. I know the barrells on vz2008 are bigger, so you can not just shop out for a military. I think I remember I got the parts kit for the front sight with bayo lug and other parts and want to one day swap out front sight base and install brake on my Czechpoint while I'm at it.

A milled receiver will not be below $200. The only time that ever happened were some of the ORF stuff as they were going out of business. I got a few back then., M70, M64, M76. But on averale $250 -$350 for a milled receiver for any semi-auto rifle.
    Unless you are an experienced welder and can use the stubs and cut pieces that Apex and others sold at one time. Even those are scarce these days. Some folks jig & weld them up into functioning receivers.
    Last edited by AKBLUE; 09-08-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Just too much work and cost to produce them any cheaper.
    When your smiling the whole world smiles with you

Yea, without an extension of some kind on the original barrel, a VZ-58 is a short barreled rifle. That's something to remember when thinking about muzzle brakes and kit building with these.

That is a pretty easy fix. CNC Warrior makes an extended slant brake and other types to silver solder or blind pin etc. The original barrels are chromelined and nice. But the journals do vary and can be a fitment issue like other commbloc/euro machining tolerances they vary a good bit.

I called Assault weapons of Ohio and I can get one for 239.00 shipped to my ffl .

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 guncrazy View Post
    I called Assault weapons of Ohio and I can get one for 239.00 shipped to my ffl .
    That's about what I paid for mine several years ago. I bought my VZ kits from Centerfire when they were selling for $49.99 each.
    Renounced NRA Lifer

An armed civilian is a citizen.
    A disarmed civilian is a SUBJECT.

MCLMM

"$49.99" If I had only been smart enough to buy a bunch back then. But I say that about a lot of stuff now.
    Did someone say bore snake?

49.99 , I saw them at that price and wished I would have bought some .

Where in order to get to the South, you have to go north

Didn't buy any at $50 because people her said they were a pain to assemble.

I'm older now and know not to always listen to what people say

coulda, woulda., shoulda..., the lament of the folks with their nose on the window looking in at the display.

All been there., done that.