Gunboards Forums banner

Makarov manual?

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Jonnin 
#1 ·
Hey,

I realize Maks are pretty simple. But so am I.

Do any of you know if this is a decent manual?

And if it's not, can you suggest one? I know there are some online but I would just like to have one around for quick, easy access.

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I hav enever personally seen or read that one, I own the translations of the East GErman military manual, and the Russian version and they are comprehensive, and extremely interesting to read if for no othe rpurpose than to understand the mindset and culture of those countries. I would say that manual is likely pretty good, at least for what it says it shows, assembly, disasenbly, etc. The reason I say this is that the Makarov is so very simple with so few parts, 27, that unless the author is totally incompetent, and has never actually owned a Makarov, it should be fairly easy to write up. But hopefully someone will have a better knowledge of it.

#5 ·
I wanted a manual for each of the seven Makarov pistols that I collected for my grand kids. I downloaded data from the usual Makarov websites, and printed out about thirty pages of text, pictures, diagrams, and charts. I then downloaded a slide presentation with both pictures and text and a couple of film clips from youtube and other places. I put the printed material in a notebook folder and the video and slide presentation on a CD. I made seven copies of the folders and of the CDs.. These home made manuals and disks will go with the pistols.

#9 ·
Is this manual copywrite protected? If so, is it being posted by permission? I have an actual copy of this translation of the official E.G. Makarov manual, and a translated version of the official Russian Makarov manual. If anyone is interested I will post them on Slim Tim's Trader.

#10 ·
I am not sure! ?
That page of manuals is extremely well known and oft linked to in many gun forums. It has been up for many years. If he is posting copyrighted material illegally, one would *think* it would have been noticed by now given the traffic to the page and number of users....

But I honestly do not know. If it is an issue I can edit the link away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.