Default Federal Arms CETME?

Greetings,
    I've got my CAI CETME clone, but am not truly happy with it. At a reoccurring show I see two guys with Federal Arms CETME clones on their tables. Both look decent, and are asking $600 for them.
    What are opinions on the FA vs CAI?

Thanks!
    Scott

The FA Cetmes are probably about the same boat as a current production CAI Cetme.

FA clones have those Gawd awful receivers though and they are aluminum, so they have their own set of problems. Some guys say the pin holes for the trunnion get wallowed out and make the trunnion/barrel assembly come loose.

Also, you can't use a collapsible stock with the FA receiver, but that might not effect you if you didnt want one to begin with.

So.... its a bit of a toss-up. You may or may not ahve any bugs to work out of the FA rifle... Id get the Century gun working if you had to choose between 1 or the other, but if you got the funds to have both..... by all means!

if you got the funds to have both..... by all means![/QUOTE]

I would put the money together and get a Sar 8, FMP xg3 or Xg3s or a PTR-91

Unfortunately it would not be both, I would be selling the CAI to get the FA. After more research I think I am going to keep the CAI. Will try to get a SAR or PTR later...

What's the deal with the CAI receivers that have the little hole in the top rear? I know the hole is there because they used the same receiver for the G3 kits. My question is how good are they compared to the earlier CAI receivers?
    I guarantee that you're smarter than I am.

The little hole is a well hole. For the tears we all cry when oure cetmes dont work. LOL I dont know but somebody will.
    cog #47

I am not aware that FEDERAL ARMS made a CETME clone. I know they made a ugly ass HK-91 clone, with that god awful ugly thick alum. receiver with the weaver rail on top.
    Last edited by SfcRet; 02-12-2008 at 11:45 PM.

The little hole is for oiling and for scope mount set screws. And IMO stay away from the aluminum reciever. With the delayed blowback roller system, the aluminum would probably not hold up.

Just because it is stamped Century, does not mean it was built by Century. FAC and Century and sold these receivers to the public just like every other receiver they have used in the past. And the boards were full of people trying to assemble this crap into working guns.

And this was back before FAC was bought out by Century.

gw11

The Federal Arms recievers with the built in rail is the same reciever used on the later SAR 8's, (the earlier ones were built on HK tooling in Greece ,EBO)
    If its built right the aluminum recievers work fine if you can get over the 'chunkiness'
    The steel trunnion takes the pounding of the action, not the alloy of the reciever, the rivets/pins may work loose on the barrel and cocking tube after lots of use so check for that, mine is still tight after 1000's of rounds though.
    Jagman.

Last edited by Jagman; 02-13-2008 at 05:50 PM.

Damn! Jagman, why did you have to show that thing. Now I'm going to be sick

:D

Quote Originally Posted by SfcRet View Post
    Damn! Jagman, why did you have to show that thing. Now I'm going to be sick

:D
    hope you feel better!!
    Here's a little relief for you.
    Jagman.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HK91-vi.jpg  

love that one Jagman. What happened to the muzzle attachment though?

Thanks, I feel much better now . JDL clone?