Thread: Winchester Model 140 12 Gauge Ranger

Default Winchester Model 140 12 Gauge Ranger

Hello All,

I am really putting myself out there for this one....I just bought a "never fired" Winchester Model 140 Ranger 12 gauge shotgun.....I did not do any research and now after purchasing this beautiful gun, I found out Winchester sold off everything to Midwest Gunworks...From parts to manuals and even gunsmithing.....I mean everything....My question: "Do any of you have this "exact" semi-auto shotgun and would I be wise to keep it in unfired condition? Any of your thoughts would be helpful? Is this a good gun? etc...etc...Thank you, Package

it was the low cost ranger model no much collector interest

I believe you mean Model 1400 Ranger semi auto shotgun. Discontinued 1994. No collector interest. Shoot it and enjoy it.

The 140 was an entry level 1400. Strictly a shooter and will never be a collector's item.
    I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

I have a 1400, and it shoots fine, but wont ever be a collector. I beleive it was the winchester foray into competition with the 1100 and a5. not a bad gun, just nothing special. Been thinking about selling mine for just that reason.
    "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." -- Shane

Who is John Galt?

Thanks for the reply...I thought the same thing but it is clearly marked Model 140 Ranger....I appreciate all you guys out there replying to me....I am very new at this "forum" but to this point, I am really impressed...Yes....With all this info, I will truly go out and enjoy it...Thanks again everyone, Package

Did not mean to mislead you Sir. Checked my Blue Book and it did not list the model 140 Ranger. Have not run into that model before. Now I know. good luck and enjoy it.

Don't mean to hijack, but what would the 1400 go for these days? Thinking of thinning the herd.
    "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." -- Shane

Who is John Galt?