Gunboards Forums banner

Winchester Model 140 12 Gauge Ranger

22K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  virus1 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I am really putting myself out there for this one....I just bought a "never fired" Winchester Model 140 Ranger 12 gauge shotgun.....I did not do any research and now after purchasing this beautiful gun, I found out Winchester sold off everything to Midwest Gunworks...From parts to manuals and even gunsmithing.....I mean everything....My question: "Do any of you have this "exact" semi-auto shotgun and would I be wise to keep it in unfired condition? Any of your thoughts would be helpful? Is this a good gun? etc...etc...Thank you, Package

#4 ·
The 140 was an entry level 1400. Strictly a shooter and will never be a collector's item.

#5 ·
I have a 1400, and it shoots fine, but wont ever be a collector. I beleive it was the winchester foray into competition with the 1100 and a5. not a bad gun, just nothing special. Been thinking about selling mine for just that reason.

#6 ·
Thanks for the reply...I thought the same thing but it is clearly marked Model 140 Ranger....I appreciate all you guys out there replying to me....I am very new at this "forum" but to this point, I am really impressed...Yes....With all this info, I will truly go out and enjoy it...Thanks again everyone, Package

#8 ·
Don't mean to hijack, but what would the 1400 go for these days? Thinking of thinning the herd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.