Default Greener GP/EG serial numbers?

I know this has been asked many times and DoubleD usually answers but I've looked everywhere I can think and can't seen t age a Greener I want t buy.
    It seems early and military. It has a teardrop cocking indicator, the end of the cocking lever 'clicks' into the stock to securely stow it and the butt has a metal plate and a cap which opens t reveal a hole in the stock which houses a brass oil tube. It is marked as a Greener EG ad has retaining pins not circlips. It's not like any of the others I've looked at. It is marked 12 bore and having checked, that is correct.
    Help needed ASAP before I buy it!
    i can't post pictures because I'm on a phone and the bloody thing won't let me!

Under the big sky, in the shadow of the Sweetgrass Hills

What do you want to know?
    Douglas

"And don't forget. That isn't your Martini you have. It belonged to others before you and will belong to others after you are gone. Look after it, and pass it on with pride. It deserves it." Malcolm Cobb, The Martini Henry Note-book
    To find things Martini go to: WWW.MartiniHenry.com

Age would be champion. Any extra info would be much appreciated i.e is it a police gun/military/Civvy?

I can provide a serial number as I imagine that will help greatly or could email you several detail shots