Gunboards Forums banner

I am keeping track of the recent Century imports

65K views 100 replies 45 participants last post by  geo57 
#1 ·
I am making a record of what is posted for the new imports from Century These are from somewhere in the Balkans region. I am keeping photos and serial numbers. Anyone who wishes to help please pm or email the info to me and please no partial serial numbers or blocked numbers as they are useless. No names will be attached to the info. So far this shows with just a few recorded that the supply of SKS Carbines was a large aid package If you will note the numbers are already showing they are not far apart and likely some consecutive may show up. I believe the country of origin got these from the Chinese many years ago as they all appear to be early models. I am sure that they have gone through allot of repairs but probably by the users and not the Military. I am sure you will find parts from all over Europe on these guns.

The serial numbers I have so far are

I will keep posting as I get more to add I think it will be interesting and appreciate any help you all give

#34 ·
I have a first round of imports Chinese

I have a very early first round of imports Chinese sks serial number PO988 It was 179.99 when I bought it and the only ammo in country at that time was Finish Lapua red and yellow commercial boxer primed brass case ball. This gun has no blue left on it. Its stock is not beat up but worn from being carried and handled. All numbers match I believe this gun may have come back from Vietnam with troops that were rotating out of the Vietnam war. It is a century import

I posted some pics of what this one looks like I think the heavy rust spots could be from blood left on the gun while its owner was lost in battle. Then the gun was picked up and re issued or brought back to be re used somewhere and eventually got sold. It also could have stayed in China and been used by soldiers training or local guard duty Who knows. Its My first sks and my shooter which by the way is very accurate. If you look at the photos of the stock you can see how worn it is at the wrist and forend Its nice wood and someone re stamped the stock with the serial number before it was sold. I was lucky to come across the sling for it as you almost never find a sling other than new and this one looks like it belongs there on this gun.

Attachments

#39 ·
I just received this one today. Serial number 270209. Had some interesting "trench art" on the stock. This is one of the ~$180 "good w/cracked stock" ones from CAI. It is encased in a sarcophagus of ancient cosmolene. I got this one for a customer so it is not my issue to clean it up (thank goodness). It obviously did not get the cleaning process at CAI that some of these have gone through.

#47 ·

Here's 2378522, my first SKS. No trench art, but showing its age, just like I had hoped when I ordered it. What is the consensus about why neither edge of my bayonet has ever been sharpened? Is that an indication of it being replaced during rearsenal? Seems like any field soldier would have sharpened at least the side that folds into the stock....maybe it belonged to a clerk?

#48 ·
I don't think any SKS bayonet was ever sharpened. They came from the arsenal with dull edges to begin with. I have only seen original M1 Garand bayonets sharpened somewhat. I guess it's because the Garand bayo was carried in a sheath and not permanantly affixed to the rifle. Soldiers could use an M1 bayo for other purposes like carving food, and not just poking.

#49 ·
Most Military soldiers are not allowed to damage their weapons by sharpening the bayonet. By all accounts a sharpened bayonet looses most of if not all of its value. In the case of fighting and utility knives that is of course different. Sharpening is allowed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.