Thread: eibar 25 a little bit diffrent

Default eibar 25 a little bit diffrent

Its a 25 proofed at eibar in 1928 likely late in the year because of the b date code as well as ringed p (they switched to the ring p in dec 14 1928 I believe though most sources say simply 1929).
    The slide simply says pistol automatic but there does look like a makers trademark on the frame but was drilled though for the grip screw. I can see only a small section of it.

Any one ever seen these grips before? Don't worry I know its not worth anything.

What does the script at the top of the grip say? It appears to have an angel swinging a club on the lower grip area, with a six pointed star medallion. I spent some time looking in reference books but to no avail. WHB Smiths "Book of Pistols and Revolvers" probably has it, I grew weary looking for it plus the photos in the book are not very large. That's a neat gun with those grips!
    I have new recoil spring plugs for Llama .380's and .32's

I have a book call "The illustrated encyclopedia of Handguns Pistols and revolvers of the world 1870 to the present by A.B.Zhuk foreword by John walter". The grips are found on a .25 acp pistol call OLYMPIA. The maker is unknown. That six pointed star medallion was added on later by a previous owner. I hope this helps.

Mid-age

Hello:

Pistol OLIMPIA manufactured by Tomas Urizar- Eibar - Spain

That six pointed star medallion was added on later by a previous owner.

Thanks Mid-age, I didn't have that particular reference book and found one in ebay for $15.50. Even with all the reference books it is quite a job finding something as obscure as this pistol. I found the same thread in THR and that gave me more info to dog this thing, One guy said the grips say "FALCON", did a long look at Astra models reveal anything? Those grips could have come off any Spanish .25.
    Last edited by partsproduction; 11-17-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    I have new recoil spring plugs for Llama .380's and .32's

Thanks guys, I didn't even catch the added medallion. Closer inspection does show that it was added. Sorry about the late response but I'd stuck it in the safe and nearly forgot about it. I picked up because of the proofmarks.