Gunboards Forums banner

First Carcano w/pics: Info needed

6K views 37 replies 11 participants last post by  john fiorentino 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

This is my first Carcano. I got it from the local shop this morning for $150. I dont know anything about these rifles, other than they are built on "Manlicher Style" actions, similar to my Steyr M95. It appears to be complete, and from what I can see(dont know where to look) the serial number on the barrel sleeve and stock match. I dont even know what model it is(I know its not a cavalry carbine, they have the fold up bayonet. 91/24 or 28 maybe?) but It appears it was made at the Beretta Gardone arsenal in 1936. I do know its 6.5mm, not 7.35 and the only thing it appears to be missing is the loading clip. Id like to know as much about it as possible, so any help is appreciated. How did I do? Opinions please, Thank you.

See less See more
#35 ·
With traditional sights, the front sight blade and notch of the rear sight match up to essentially fill up the notch of the rear sight. With the Carcano, the front sight blade goes to the bottom of the rear sight notch and the target rests in between the notch of the rear sight.

#37 ·
No such thing as a stupid question! I believe it would shoot really high... Possibly off paper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.