Question AIM surplus 7.5 French Ammo

Has anyone tried this ammo yet ? The price is right.
    My idea of border control is m-60 machineguns every 100yds with interlocking fields of fire.

yep good stuff for the price.. repackaged machine gun ammunition if i remember. But its clean and is sure-fire its great for the $. Oh its french manufactured.. forgot to mention.

Same stuff as this: http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/vie...?f=49&t=114613

Check Out my Deviant Art Page : http://spaxspore.deviantart.com/

Haven't had a single failure to fire in 80 rounds shooting it in the MAS 49. There isn't a 7.5 machine gun round.

Quote Originally Posted by McCauley View Post
    Haven't had a single failure to fire in 80 rounds shooting it in the MAS 49. There isn't a 7.5 machine gun round.
    Hard to find 7.5 French MAS ammunition manufactured in France. This is clean Military Surplus from the late 1950's to early 1960's that was arsenally delinked and repacked for commercial sale into 20rd boxes. Features a full metal Jacketed bullet, brass case, and berdan corrosive primer. Packaged 20rds to a box, and 1,000rds (50 boxes) to a case. While supplies last.

Not machine gun ammo? Then how come the description and packaging indicate its delinked ammo?>

Because, unlike the 8X50mm Lebel 1932 N it was the same loading as standard rifle ammunition. The caveat is that it is aging, so shoot it while you can.
    Last edited by orcmastiffs; 11-29-2012 at 09:49 AM.

oh you misunderstood, i know there is nothing physically different, i was informing the OP that the ammo was originally linked for machine gun use.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaxspore View Post
    oh you misunderstood, i know there is nothing physically different, i was informing the OP that the ammo was originally linked for machine gun use.
    Yeah or they are mixing up there terms and the ammo was in stripper clips.

Thanks for all the replies.
    I just ordered a few boxes from AIM to try out.
    My idea of border control is m-60 machineguns every 100yds with interlocking fields of fire.

Question Group size ?

Quote Originally Posted by LANT View Post
    Has anyone tried this ammo yet ? The price is right.
    Has anyone actually shot this ammo for group size in their Mas 36 or Mas 49/56 ?

It is pretty decent ammo and accurate. ~3.5-4 inch groups with my APX.
    ----
    Alea iacta est
    7.5 MAS
    7.62R
    7.62N
    .30-06
    ----

It is about all I shoot right now. My dealer has trouble getting Prvi-Partizan ammunition (the US distributor literally does not answer phone calls, e-mails, or registered mail inquiries even for order requests of 100+ cases of ammunition, one wonders how ammunition manufacturers stay in business) and inquiries to Serbia state that they cannot open other routes for ammunition importation - although this may be because it in difficult to find anyone in authority to talk to. As a result, unless I find someone rolling in the new ammo willing to part with a case, I buy this stuff bulk. It shoots well, and is as accurate as my MAS 36 can shoot with hand loads. I can hit a piece of typing paper at 200 meters off hand with iron sights, so I assume the ammunition is accurate enough, and shooting series in a tire house with my main 56 I never have failures to feed, except with one of my MAS 49/56 which cannot feed anything else anyway.
    YouTube - My students and my own work.
    The Thin Tweed Line - My research page.
    Total Eclipse - My most recent game.
    French Rifles - My hobby.

Default Fact or fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by McCauley View Post
    By World War I the French Army realized that it needed to update its once revolutionary, but now obsolete, 8 mm Lebel ammunition. Unfortunately due to the demands of mass production of the 8mm Lebel round during World War I it was not able to do so until after the war had ended. In 1924, the 7.557mm MAS cartridge was introduced but was soon replaced with the slightly shorter 7.554mm MAS. Two main variations were manufactured for military use, the 1924C and 1924D, being light and heavy ball respectively. The French Army chose to adopt the light ball ammunition for service use in the MAS-36 and MAS-49 rifles as well as in the Mle 1924-29 machine rifle. The heavier Balle D was designed for machine gun usage. The military ordered the manufacture of armor piercing, tracers, incendiary, training, and other types of 7.5 mm MAS ammunition. The round is still classified in France as war material. While this ammunition tends to be scarce in the United States and is also corrosive and Berdan-primed, reloadable Boxer-primed cartridge cases can be produced by reforming 6.555mm Swedish Mauser brass. More recently, the ammunition manufacturer Prvi Partizan has brought onto the U.S. market a freshly manufactured French MAS 7.5mm ammunition that is non-corrosive.

Weapons chambered for 7.554mm MAS

Last edited by johnnybar; 12-23-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: pics

That tank carried a 7.5 in the turret and the armored 4x4 carried two 7.5's...gotta' know when AIM is going to list these!!! ERIK!
    PS: Wonder what shipping will be???

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybar View Post
    That tank carried a 7.5 in the turret and the armored 4x4 carried two 7.5's...gotta' know when AIM is going to list these!!! ERIK!
    PS: Wonder what shipping will be???
    They quote shipping - mine was reasonable. I just wish I had gotten in on the ammunition case packed - there was some on sale earlier this month by am individual seller. I want an ammo box and even a wooden crate to use as backgrounds for photography.
    YouTube - My students and my own work.
    The Thin Tweed Line - My research page.
    Total Eclipse - My most recent game.
    French Rifles - My hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    They quote shipping - mine was reasonable. I just wish I had gotten in on the ammunition case packed - there was some on sale earlier this month by am individual seller. I want an ammo box and even a wooden crate to use as backgrounds for photography.
    I was joking about shipping on a tank or armored carrier. lol!