Default Fixing the trigger slop on a 91/30

We bought a mosin for my lady's father for christmas, I found a decent 1943 Iz, however, the trigger feels like it's going to fall off (not literally), but it has a lot of play in it before it engages. My other mosins do not do this, I assume that there is a way to fix this relatively easy and if someone would point me that way I would appreciate it. I removed the metal from the wood earlier to clean it and the pin that secures the trigger to the receiver was not seated on both sides, it was protruding from the left and not inserted at all in the right( as seen from above), not sure if something is lost, don't really want to tear one of mine apart to find out. I pushed the pin back in and put the rifle back together, I don't want to give it to him like this, we have a week lol. Thanks

This is a typical trigger for the Russian guns. Nothing to worry about. The Finn guns and some other variations have a spring to take the slack out of it. You can get one on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170904528205...84.m1423.l2649

This is what you need. I have a couple of them on Soviet refurbs.

https://www.crsurplusspring.com/SlackSpring.html
    Now officially collecting Mosin M38s!

+1 on a spring. But I can't see spending the $. I bend my own from a little piece of a long, door-closing spring.
    I tried tightening-up all of the pins once, didn't like the results. Amazing what a spring will do.

Also keeps the pin from falling out.

Phil

Russian rifle production in WWII. Lesson 1 "Perfection is the arch enemy of good enough"

Date: 1943

Worker Sergei: "Comrade Commissar, the trigger on this rifle is awful. Feels like it wants to fall off and has lots of free travel.

Commissar Ivan: Does the sear release when you pull the trigger all the way back?"

Sergei: " Da, of course"

Commissar: "Good enough. Send it to the front".
    Damn the expense, use your turn signals today... and as a special favour, try doing it before you have two wheels in the next lane.

Thank you gentleman for your quick and informative replies. Spring ordered, hope it shows before christmas, if not, he gets to bring it by before he goes shooting.

The CR spring source sells a kit to sleeve front sights and this is great if your rifle shoots high and you want
    to bring strike of bullets down. It was about $3 and enough of it to do many rifles and esay to do with no real
    altering of the rifle. I have done this on one rifle and found it ideal. I used a Pilot ball pt. pen spring and bent it like shown in CR site and Ebay example and it worked just fine to take out slack. However, the slack never really bothered me so I just gave up on the idea , although I know the spring or home made version works fine. Good news is CR / EBAY options do not alter your weapon , work and are cheap. If they fit your needs, drive on .

I will try to make one tonight out of the pen spring, already ordered the other one but I do have 3 other mosins that could use some help. Thanks guys

Go to Dollar Store and get a card with the small clips to seal up bags or for hair look around you will find them they have small springs that will work .