Thread: Gwinn ArmPistol

Default Gwinn ArmPistol

Here is a very early Gwinn " Bushmaster " Armpistol. Came in today, I had to buy it. Apparently made in early 70's as a military survival pistol. .223 with a swiveling magazine / housing system. Uses AR parts. Cool Cool Cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GAP1.jpg   GAP2.jpg   GAP3.jpg   GAP5.jpg   GAP6.jpg  
    Live on a lake and don't fish,,,,,,,,collect guns and I don't hunt..........Be afraid, something is very wrong with this man !!!

Clyde is online now Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

Soon be unlawful if the Fineswine has her way. Nekulturny witch.
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)

Eastpointe (formerly East Detroit), Michigan

I saw one of those a few months back at a gun show, owner said it was made for the USAF. The swiveling lower receiver was weird, and he wanted 1100$ for it. I wonder how many were manufactured?

Very nice find..........yours is (I believe) the first of 3 different models. Safety above trigger is first, then Safety in trigger guard, then on the receiver.
    Last edited by Sgt Frank Rock; 01-03-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Buds sold 1 for$830 almost new! Nice!

Taking it to the range this weekend. Can't wait to try it out.
    Live on a lake and don't fish,,,,,,,,collect guns and I don't hunt..........Be afraid, something is very wrong with this man !!!

Some were purchased by the USAF. In satin nickel! When a new commander took over, they were pulled from inventory. I would assume, distroyed.
    Before starting any serious collection: Spend your first thousand dollars on reference material. It's money in the bank.

I came into this world, kicking and screaming, and covered in someone else's blood...
    I have no problem, going out the same way.

Dad had a few thru his shop back in the 80's and 90's

tempted, I was , to buy one, but never did,

please post a range report,
    what's so funny about peace love and understanding?

Very nice find !
    Read an article about it somewhere in the 70's in "Guns" magazine but have never seen a real one ...
    Let us know how it shoots !
    BRGDS,
    A
    I'd rather have a bottle in frontame than a frontal lobotomy.
    --------------
    Author of the bestseller: "Strangling small furry animals for fun and profit." (University of Lagos/Nigeria press - 1978)

Honorary curator to the Outer-Azerbeidjan National Museum of Ancient Milkbottle Caps (OANMAMC).

I remember these. An article in Guns magazine, absolutely. A "Survival" weapon for pilots. Originaly chambered, I believe, in .221 Fireball. Switched to .223 after M-16 adoption. The rear of the pistol was to be clamped to the arm with the non-firing hand making the arm the "Stock". Supposedly accurate to 100 Meters on man sized targets. The muzzle blast was said to be excessive.

Default Gwinn Arm Pistol mechanics

Bought a 1st variation a few months ago for a really reasonable price (should have been the first clue there was a problem). So far I have replaced the bolt assembly (it does take AR components) and am now trying to sort out the fire control components. The piece that normally is a modified trigger is made of stamped metal with an extended arm that connects to the forward located trigger. I suspect this part to be the problem. Does anyone have a diagram or pictures that shows the fire control components. I had one of these a long time ago and never had any problems with it so I never took it apart. Any information or advise would be appreciated.

Reichpapers Guest

My earliest memories of firearms concerns my sisters god father trying to sell one of these at the CA Pomona Gun Show.

Quote Originally Posted by svarthjerte View Post
    The piece that normally is a modified trigger is made of stamped metal with an extended arm that connects to the forward located trigger. I suspect this part to be the problem. Does anyone have a diagram or pictures that shows the fire control components. I had one of these a long time ago and never had any problems with it so I never took it apart. Any information or advise would be appreciated.
    Oh c@#$%! Sounds like the same problem with my AK Bullpup and every other Bullpup kit I've heard of. The connector needs to be very rigid and tight. If it fires when you yank the trigger but not when you squeeze it, that's the problem. Excessive basic trigger weight may also make it tough to fire.
    I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.