Thread: Chinese Copy of the Margolin? a PS01.

Default Chinese Copy of the Margolin? a PS01.

Mr. Leiper has an excellent tutorial on this site so I thought I’d share my pictures of my, I think, Chinese copy. Mine was apparently made at Chinese State Arsenal 66 (Triangle) and is marked also marked Norinco. I have never fired mine. The bore is very shiny. The pistol feels good in the hand and seems to point naturally. Quoting from other posts I understand that the biggest difference between the Chinese copy and the original Russian version is the following: “the takedown knob has to be pushed instead of pulled and comes apart as opposed to staying in one assembly, rear sight has both windage and elevation, hammer spring, safety switch, no trigger travel limit screw, very good fit and finish, beautiful deep black luster. The barrel is 7" and it is chambered for .22LR. The muzzle is threaded for accessories (not supplied)” The box shows that there should have been a cleaning rod but I was sold it without it. Not sure what the large empty space was for. At least there are two magazines. Any idea what this is worth? I am thinking of selling it. Thanks. Pictures are here Photobucket:
    http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/...he%20Margolin/

Looks different, then mine(Soviet): http://s571.beta.photobucket.com/use...ml?sort=3&o=10
    1."Кто не с нами,-тот против нас.
    Если враг не сдается,- его уничтожают"- Максим Горький.
    2."..Мы будем преследовать террористов везде. В аэропорту — в аэропорту. Значит, Вы уж меня извините, в туалете поймаем, мы и в сортире их замочим, в конце концов. Всё, вопрос закрыт окончательно."- В. Путин.
    3."The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    - Thomas Jefferson.

Lavric---Agreed. And honestly I think the Russian orginal is just a tad better looking.

The Chinese copy is definitely not as well made and, certainly doesn't shoot as well as the Russian/Soviet made pieces. However, that being said, they are still a reasonable pistol for a novice shooter who wants to get started shooting in competition.
    Joe
    "Never increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything." William of Ockham (1285-1349)