Default 1891 Argentine Mauser 7.65 Ammo

Does anyone have a good reliable source for this ammo? My local stores only have it sometimes, and not really at prices that make me want to drive 45 minutes to get it. Does anyone have any bulk or surplus they would like to get rid of?

Quote Originally Posted by Evofire View Post
    Does anyone have a good reliable source for this ammo? My local stores only have it sometimes, and not really at prices that make me want to drive 45 minutes to get it. Does anyone have any bulk or surplus they would like to get rid of?
    Strongly advise learning to reload it. Even the "cheap" stuff is expensive, however you can get it from any number of online ammo vendors. Mostly what you see is Prvi Partizan brand, and mostly, it runs in at just under a buck per shot after tax & shipping. Aim surplus has it usually, as does midway, etc --- you can find it pretty easily with an internet search. I suspect if you call them they would sell you a case and maybe make you a deal on it (?).

I have not seen any bulk deals on new or surplus for it.

I found some bulk for sale on some auctions sites, try doing a search on this site:
    http://www.gunauction.com
    for example.

Try Graf & Son.

i ordered 4 boxes from then and after 2 weeks of not one email....even an order confirmation i called and they said it wouldnt be processed til march 1st. so i canceled. i just got one box at cabelas tonight and my buddy picked up the other 3. my rifle isnt ready to shoot yet. so i will let him get his stockpile before me. plus i needed 7.62 nagant and some .380 tonight anyways.

Hello Gents,

Dies aren't expensive, bullets can be purchased in bulk as can powder. Reloading is the only way to go. In addition, my reloads are much more accurate than any surplus ammo I have ever fired.

JPS

Since I have several different 7,65 Rifles (Latino, Belgian and Turkish), Reloading is a MUST-DO to get the best out of each (the different countries had different Loading specs for the "7,65mm" ammo.

I do have 1930s and 1940s Argentine/FN ammo, and even reload these cases (Berdan), but for serious shooting, I form cases from .30 cal, and Load to suit each rifle's Bullet weight and sighting system.

Best ammo (Factory) so far used is FN76 in Spanish-labelled 100-round Boxes( from SAMCO, originally, via Aussie importer). The Older Argy and FN ammo has some primer problems at times.
    Probably all gone now in the USA.

Regards,
    Doc AV

Try loking here for suppliers.

When I looked, it shows six deals for 7.65 Mauser (ALL Privi Partizan), and the cheapest was an order for 200 rounds from AIM Surplus for a bit under 80 cents per round, delivered.

http://gun-deals.com/