Default Source for Danish Snider brass, bullets?

I am in need of cases and bullets for the Danish Snider.
    Cases were available on Gunbroker for a while but that source seems to have disappeared.
    I also need bullets/mold as well.
    Any help appreciated!

Try messaging the user JK, he might have some. As for the mould, I think you will have to go custom. I use an original iron mould from a mystery rifle I happened to have which works very well.

Do you have the long rifle or the navy carbine?
    My own virtual museum, growing one entry at a time. Keep checking back!
    http://militarygunsofeurope.eu/

The person that had the brass on GB turned it by hand I think and it reappears every so often.
    Larry Eisel had one of his pimp polished clunkers listed last week it went for more than it looked to be worth.
    You have to read his ads like you're buying a used car from a nigerian.
    I've bought form him a few times nice guy but his stuff always is worn more than pictures show.
    And always needs some part or repair to make them work. I told him that in person too he just laughed as I did to.
    And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Is this the same CTG as the Brit .577? What size bullet mold do you need?

18mm miniť type slug

iirc years ago I try to make this case with 16 ga magtech brass and it was possible but real work. in the united states Rocky Mountain Cartridge is maybe the best firm for lathe turned brass. dont know why a roundball could not fly in this old musket.

Round ball would work too but would take up a lot of case space. The case volume is not very big.

Another source (very pricey): http://www.bisgaardnielsen.dk/product.asp?product=12072

This is the rifle from Larry.
    I have bought several pieces from him over the years without issue. Most of the complaints I have seen involve Nazi crap that I wouldn't own anyway.
    I like to think I paid a fair price for it, considering how many I'm likely to see for sale in my lifetime. If I'm not happy with it, I'll send it back.

For a bullet, I'm guessing a .69 cal minie might be the way to go. I've seen molds for this, but bullet weight varies from 500 gr. up to 720 gr.
    Fabian, how much does your bullet weigh?
    Last edited by keysrat; 01-28-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: grammar

522grains

Quote Originally Posted by keysrat View Post
    This is the rifle from Larry.
    I have bought several pieces from him over the years without issue. Most of the complaints I have seen involve Nazi crap that I wouldn't own anyway.
    I like to think I paid a fair price for it, considering how many I'm likely to see for sale in my lifetime. If I'm not happy with it, I'll send it back.

For a bullet, I'm guessing a .69 cal minie might be the way to go. I've seen molds for this, but bullet weight varies from 500 gr. up to 720 gr.
    Fabian, how much does your bullet weigh?
    Here's the guy that has the brass http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=324567298
    He don't have it listed but has other auctions send him a message from one of the other auctions. I think he makes or has access to it.
    And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

If your rifle is a conversion of the 1848 rifle I have a spare bayonet if you are interested.

Revelation1911 and FABIAN23-
    Thank you for your assistance. Greatly appreciated.
    The GB seller has more brass available, and S&S Firearms sells a 500 gr. Minie and a 550 gr. cleaner bullet that should work.
    The rifle should arrive today.
    FABIAN, i would be interested in the bayonet.

Don't forget to post pics! The pictures of the cartridges that Feuerwerker posted are mine by the way.

send me a pm and we can discuss the bayonet.

Thanks to all who responded.
    Unfortunately, the rifle did not meet my expectations and is being returned.
    The search continues.

I returned the rifle. The seller re-listed it on GB the same day, without changing the wildly inaccurate description.
    H-m-m-m....

I returned the rifle. The seller re-listed it on GB the same day, without changing the wildly inaccurate description.
    H-m-m-m....
    I knew what you'd get. Most peopele don't return them due to the shipping cost both ways. Larry has a way to "pimp polish" his turds.
    Last thing I bought from him was a Yager 71/84 with well used wood. The Yager swivel was gone but his picture made it look like it was present.
    He did find and send a swivel rifle has a shiny bore so I did keep it. But the reason was shipping both ways.
    There's two way to deal with larry's auction's first way is to bid about half what item is normally worth that way you won't overpay.
    Second way is to run bid up agianst someone else so that when a good item comes along no one else willl have money for it.
    The picture is of the 71/84 yager rifle the hook it hangs in is placed where the yager swivel should be.
    Always be very careful buying from ths seller.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 71 84 turd.jpg  

I was disappointed to say the least.
    I purchased several really nice pieces from Larry in the past. I bought an outstanding M92 Brazilian Comblain the last purchase I made, so I was hopeful this one would at least decent.
    Metal was refinished, EXTREMELY poor job. Wood had been varnished as well.

I was disappointed to say the least.
    I purchased several really nice pieces from Larry in the past. I bought an outstanding M92 Brazilian Comblain the last purchase I made, so I was hopeful this one would at least decent.
    Metal was refinished, EXTREMELY poor job. Wood had been varnished as well.
    I see your recent prize left the "clunkers R us" auction house for a new owners loving grip for a good bit less. You should check out his Genuine matini enfields the only thing genuine is the paperwork. Thought about buying it and suing him for false advertising so I could buy lottery tickets.