Thread: a question about my SCW VZ24...

Default a question about my SCW VZ24...

I was reading another post here about a SCW VZ24 and thought I'd ask a question about mine, which has a four-digit serial number with a K3 suffix. The acceptance mark is stippled; the crest is the Czech lion. The matching barrel is E-25 marked. It has the CS ZBROJOVKA AKC. SPOL. V BRNE legend on the receiver rail. The blued bolt handle is stamped matching with a Z-in-a-circle stamp on the underside. The stock, which is not matching, has the MP8 cartouche on the right butt flat. The rifle is not import marked.

I just wish the condition was better. It has pitting here and there around the woodline on both the barrel and receiver, and one three-inch spot on the barrel about 10 inches from the muzzle has pitting all around. (It's under the wood.) Despite these issues, the bore is quite good and the metal overall looks pretty good. The stock is dinged up but solid. It functions well, but I have not actually shot it

Anyway, if I remember correctly, I paid $220 for it quite some time ago, which was a lot for a VZ 24 then. I got it because I thought it was rather uncommon, but considering its condition, I'm wondering if I paid too much. Maybe it's worth $220 today? Just what are these things going for these days? I'm not interested in selling it; I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance for any replies....

If it is in original configuration (correct stock... bands .... the stock not sanded heavily it is worth at least $220.00 ...I had an MP8 cartouched stock & sadly sold it for parts ..regretfully..

Quote Originally Posted by 792NUT View Post
    If it is in original configuration (correct stock... bands .... the stock not sanded heavily it is worth at least $220.00 ...I had an MP8 cartouched stock & sadly sold it for parts ..regretfully..
    Yes, it is all in original configuration, and the stock is not sanded -- at least, from the way it looks, not since the Spanish refurbished it....