Default Was somebody looking for a 1921 Tula M91? Franklin show.

Saw one at a show today in Franklin, WI. It was one of a bunch of "Balkan" looking M91's.

May have seen them before at the Waukesha show a few months back? Might be a different dealer too. If it is the same guy I think it is, I sold him a M39 and would of gone after a couple of the Balkan rifles he had, but they were to beat and to expensive for my taste. Thought hard and heavy about the 1921 too. He is a great guy and a former USMU shooter, actually Reserve but a top notch rifleman and a pretty good egg. Didn't try to hard on them as they just were tired looking or maybe it was me who was tired and just passed up some pretty rare M91's? Did need one but I got one from Uncle Joe in a trade and was/am pretty happy with what I got by waiting. Then again maybe it is a different dealer with a different batch of Balkans? Thanks for the heads up. Do you recall his asking prices. I think he had $300 or 300+ when I saw the ones in Waukesha. Cheers, John.

"Boom To Zoom". Yeah 300ish, but all also had "make offer" tags on them this time. Saw a PL marked M39, but the asking price was high and bore was pretty worn - I had to pass.

I saw it a two weeks ago in Madison: way overpriced for condition it is in.

Lc

He was in Onalaska WI this weekend with probably the same rifle, a 1921 with big hammer on the reciever. Price was $150 so I grabbed it. He also had a 1916 M91 for $150 laying next to it. I would have bought the 1916 as well but I already bought a K31 and decided two was enough for the weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GEDC0071.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	257.0 KB 
ID:	645962Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GEDC0070.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	278.6 KB 
ID:	645961

Don't remember it looking so good! If that is the same rifle for that money I think you did very good. Would of gone after it for that money. Got a different one shortly afte seeing this one. Congrats, even though I have one already I would gone $150 in a heart beat. But I am possessed too. Cheers,John.

Yeah it is actually in nice looking condition. He said he bought a dozen of them from a local who got them out of a barrel at a discount store many years ago. This one certainly doesn't look like the one that was being described earlier but it did come from Boom to Zoom. He also mentioned an M39 he had when we started talking about mosin's, probably the one you sold him.