Default 1907 bayonet with "Mangrovite" sheath

I recently got a 1918/42' bayonet off Ebay that has a 17" blade and a "Mangrovite" sheath. Also included is a web bayonet frog. So, what is MANGROVITE? From the pictures it looks like leather, Kangaroo leather? Some kind of quaint reconstituted tree bark? Thanks,...........................RayT

The company that made the scabbard.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." --- Samuel Adams

Can you post some pics of the Bayonet please?

I haven't got it yet, I just won the auction last night. I will post when recieve it.................................

Australian Lithgow 1907 bayonets have Mangrovite marked on the leather scabbards.
    There was a story that the leather tanning process used tannin from mangrove tree bark. However that tale may contain some other brown stuff.

A mangrove connection to the tanning process might have had some hand in the company's name, but it was Mangrovite Belting Ltd that made the scabbards...thus the stamp.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." --- Samuel Adams