Default Kick Joaquin Jackson off NRA board of Directors!

It is that time of the year again. Time for the NRA Board of Directors election. Life members and annual members of 5 consecutive years are eligable to vote. your ballot should be in your magazine this month. Instead of insuring a certain candidate gets elected, we need to get one off!

Help me get this out. This year Joaquin Jackson is up for reelection on the NRA board of directors. In an interview he stated that he believes civilians should be limited to 5 round magazines. Sounds like a NY politician rather than someone we need fighting the Obama machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSGySNLyACE

Now the way the elections work is that 25 of the 28 are voted on. Normally in a strategy to get someone on, you would vote for that person alone, as a vote for others would dilute the effectiveness of your vote for the one candidate. In this case we need to vote for 25, and not vote for Jackson.

Please spread to NRA members you know!
    Last edited by robertmcm; 02-23-2013 at 11:58 PM.
    BamaCarry, American Silencer Association, FNRA-Committee Member, NRA- Life/Benefactor, SAF- Life, GOA-Life, CCRKBA-Life, NRA Golden Eagles, Garand Collectors Association.

I don't normally vote in the NRA elections but I think this guy might make me change that this year...
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson

Clyde is offline Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

What did Joaquin do now? He is getting a bit past it, and has been for some time, but what now? Being unwilling to read robertmcm's posts.
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    What did Joaquin do now? He is getting a bit past it, and has been for some time, but what now? Being unwilling to read robertmcm's posts.

He claims to understand the 2nd and then speaks in support of mag limits and AWB.

I too will vote in this NRA election/

robertmcm -
    Thank you for the heads up on this - I had not heard about this prior to your post!
    --
    TuscoTodd

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

And ya gotta vote for The Nugg! Ted, that is.
    "I'd love to spit some Beech-Nut in that dude's eyes, and shoot him with my ol' .45 'cause a Country Boy can survive!" - Hank Williams, Jr.
    NRA Life Member http://www.nra.org
    Oklahoma State Cowboys ---- #1------ GO POKES!

Thanks! Are there any others in the list to be concerned with?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooinek View Post
    He claims to understand the 2nd and then speaks in support of mag limits and AWB.

I too will vote in this NRA election/
    Thanks for bringing this topic up. I have refrained from voting in the past, but I'm going to vote now against this guy.

I'll take the time to vote too. We don't need to be sold out and undermined by our own.
    So Jackson no, Nugent yes.
    Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A. Heinlein

robertmcm
    Silver Bullet member
    This message is hidden because robertmcm is on your ignore list.

Thanks, Rooinek. Please post a link to Jackson's senile babbling. Is he one of the over the hill gang who think you don't need more than 5 to 10 rounds in a magazine and want to inflict their preferred rifle esthetics on the rest of us, something even the DOJ says is useless from the crime control point of view? He should have considered the fate of S&W and Ruger's problems before opening his trap.
    I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

My ballot went out today - Johnson ain't marked!
    "I'd love to spit some Beech-Nut in that dude's eyes, and shoot him with my ol' .45 'cause a Country Boy can survive!" - Hank Williams, Jr.
    NRA Life Member http://www.nra.org
    Oklahoma State Cowboys ---- #1------ GO POKES!

Quote Originally Posted by jjk308 View Post

Thanks, Rooinek. Please post a link to Jackson's senile babbling. Is he one of the over the hill gang who think you don't need more than 5 to 10 rounds in a magazine and want to inflict their preferred rifle esthetics on the rest of us, something even the DOJ says is useless from the crime control point of view? He should have considered the fate of S&W and Ruger's problems before opening his trap.
    The link as requested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSGySNLyACE

Thank you for the link. Our Founding fathers would spin in their graves, to hear it told that they "gave" us the Freedoms we have as Rights.
    God gave all living creatures the Right to self defense! The Founding Fathers merely enumerated those Rights of which the Government would
    have limited oversight, stating that all Rights not specifically mentioned or limited to the government in the Constitution, are retained by the
    States and the People.

The instant that some know-it-all mouths off and gets it wrong, we voters do our best to make that person a private citizen, far from any center
    of power! Though some of my firearms hold only 5 rounds, at this time, that doesn't mean that my plans are limited in future developments!
    The measure of a man is that he will take an oath, and keep it forever. My goal, entirely.
    Exodus Chapter 22 שְׁמוֹת. א אִם-בַּמַּחְתֶּרֶת יִמָּצֵא הַגַּנָּב, וְהֻכָּה וָמֵת--אֵין לוֹ, דָּמִים. 1 If a thief be found breaking in, and be smitten so that he dieth, there shall be no bloodguiltiness for him.

Default First time I have ever voted but appears to be time

Joaquin Jackson was selected by the nominating committee, but after watching the video I think they messed up big time. Five rounds max is even less than New York.Will be mailing my ballot tommorow.Anyone else on their list I need to know about?
    Then it’s Tommy this, an’ Tommy that, an’ “Tommy, ‘ow’s yer soul?”
    But it’s “Thin red line of ‘eroes” when the drums begin to roll, Rudyard Kipling

I would love to kick Joaquin Jackson off the NRA board, maybe even just for owning his first name, but the NRA took my voting privileges away from me a long time ago.

Clyde is offline Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by DC Gun Nut View Post
    I would love to kick Joaquin Jackson off the NRA board, maybe even just for owning his first name, but the NRA took my voting privileges away from me a long time ago.
    Got to be a member to vote. Joaquin's daddy gave him the name, for unknown reasons - pretty hsrd to hold that against him in any fashion at all. Given some of the things in ONE RANGER, I'd tend to think some of his bitterness over certain events in his past are coming through.
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)

I just got my ballot yesterday and it will go out without him being marked.
    Rudy N
    1926 Izhevsk 91/30 (Ex-Dragoon)
    1929 Izhevsk 91/30 (Ex-Dragoon)
    1935 Tula 91/30
    1943 Izhevsk 91/30
    1943 Tula 91/30
    1943 Tula M38
    1944 Izhevsk M44
    1944 VKT M39
    SIG M28
    1943 SA M1Garand
    1943 Remington 1903A3
    BYF44 K98
    Saginaw SG M1Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by JJames View Post
    Joaquin Jackson was selected by the nominating committee, but after watching the video I think they messed up big time. Five rounds max is even less than New York.Will be mailing my ballot tommorow.Anyone else on their list I need to know about?
    I think the nominating committee is part of the problem, too. I sent my ballot in today but I'm afraid that the real decision is made by the nominating committee. I wonder how much my ballot really matters?

My son, daughter and I have just cast our ballets and he wasn't on them. We don't need someone like him with his holier than thou attitude.

In all fairness, this is old news BUT I still try to get him off every time. Thanks for the rest of you considering this as well.
    BamaCarry, American Silencer Association, FNRA-Committee Member, NRA- Life/Benefactor, SAF- Life, GOA-Life, CCRKBA-Life, NRA Golden Eagles, Garand Collectors Association.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjxlr8 View Post
    I think the nominating committee is part of the problem, too. I sent my ballot in today but I'm afraid that the real decision is made by the nominating committee. I wonder how much my ballot really matters?
    Your ballot does matter. I know one board member and he claims less than 7% of eligible voters vote in the NRA elections

Bump as a reminder

I agree this information needs to be seen by every NRA voting member. You all ARE going to vote in this directors election aren't you ? Spread the word
    My idea of border control is m-60 machineguns every 100yds with interlocking fields of fire.