Gunboards Forums banner

Mosin Nagant VZ 54/57 and 54/91 sniper rifle survey

13K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  alb87 
#1 · (Edited)
Beside the database on the soviet sniper rifles and the Hungarian M52 I started a survey of the serial numbers of the Czech VZ 54/57 & 54/91.

Now I have several serial numbers and I want to continue this research and to further his study your help and input is appreciated.

Your help is really appreciated.

Please include the year of production ('56, '57 or even '58 - never seen one from'58 but there is a possibility that few example were produced in 1958)

The serial number with letter prefix.

The model of the rifle (VZ54/57 or 54/91)

Other serial numbers of the other parts ( bolt, stock, mount, magazine etc..) IMPORTANT!

Also vz54/57 scope number ( example F 0xxx)

Pics are welcome. If you can't take some pics, there's no problem.

No records are kept linking names to arms.

You can send me a PM trough gunboards.com or you can send me an email at:

alb_deka@yahoo.it

Yor help is very appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance.

See less See more
#11 ·
Thanks Badash. This is a very nice example..

#12 ·
I updated the first post.

Please, check all the parts of the rifles and write all serial numbers, even from other parts ( bolt body, knob, head, rifle stock etc..)

And also the vz54/57 scope number (example (F 0xxx)

Thanks.

#14 ·
Added thanks.

I write you a PM with some load data that work OK for me.

Regards

#16 · (Edited)
My VZ 54 finally found its way out of the back of the safe. It has no she and no date. Serial is f5577. Mount is g1616. Mag floor plate x4071. Trigger guard s3319. Stock 21382. Scope is f0206. Bolt c3037, including all numbered parts.

I used Extra 200 grain match, 185ish Target and LB bxn 86. It was amazing how little POI changed from round to round. It remained near zero for all three loads?, which I have never had happen before. The is a bit of barrel pressure at 6 oclock so it needs some work. Groups were 1.5-2 inches, 5 shots at 100 yds. Very common to have 3 or 4 within an inch and get one or two flyers. It acted pretty much like most PUs I have fired. Optics are impressive for a 2.5X scope and a bit more clear than most any PU. Nice trigger. Slick action. Cool rifle for sure.

Found some older pics. Not the best, but pics.

Attachments

#18 ·
Thank you so much.

All serials added to the list.
Thanks.

Mike, your F block rifle is intresting. As I told you is the first F serial in my list.
No date no SHE rifles are very uncommon..

#20 ·
Walt,

thanks for adding this to my list.

May I ask you your P prefix serial number? Can you confirm me it is a 56 dated rifle?

I have only 57 dated P prefix serial numer in my database. 56 from A to G prefix.

Thanks

#21 ·
VZ 54/57, SHE 57, S/N V3300, same for magazine, stock, and scope mount.
Bolt G1949
Scope F1515

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.