Thread: Need help with my new Yugo m57

Default Need help with my new Yugo m57

I bought a nice m57 from classic firearms today, and would like to know more about it, Frist it is SN F20603X 6 torch GRIPS are FRSJ all matching on the pistol but the mag have no number, ok now on this pistol it dosen't have any part number" 2-00.101 and 1-00.001 stamped on the parts like I see on many M57, WHY ???? also The "assembly number " is in the white on the inside of the slide and mag housing. so is this new pistol or a rebuiled one?

Noticed on some posted photos that the serial numbers are in different locations. My serial numbers are just above the grip, and just to the right of that on the slide. Some photos show the serial numbers farther down the slide and frame, above/below each other. what up with this?

last did the yugo make pistol for the Army,( ie part number" 2-00.101 and 1-00.001 stamped on the parts ) and pistol for the police?

thank you
    FRANK A,U.S.ARMY
    3/3/33 ARMOR The MEN OF WAR
    1/1/34 ARMOR The CENTURIONS
    Ayers Kaserne & Ft. Riley
    Service-Connected Disabled Veteran.

Is it a 9mm with the slide mounted safety? If so you bought a modern, commercial gun made for the civilian market.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Sorry I didn't post that, No its a 762x25 and the safety is on the frame,
    FRANK A,U.S.ARMY

The new manufactured M 57's don't have any "torch" stamps, and the serial numbers are M57-0000xxxx.
    The safety is on the slide as mentioned, there is no longer a half cock safety, the hammer cannot be released if there is no mag in the gun, umm, what else?

The overall fit and finish is much nicer and the M57's are 7.62 x 25mm, the M70a is the 9mm version.

yes I THAT, what about my questions on the older model?
    FRANK A,U.S.ARMY

according to 'mr. mupples' who compiled the numbers, your 'F' prefix m57 was made around 1965 imsm.. only thing i know about the police modeels, from an article linked here, is that the police hooked a chain to the loop on the mag, and the lanyard loop on the pistol. to my knowledge, no one here has gotten one as surplus. the chains were probaly removed during rebuild..

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Lipscomb View Post
    according to 'mr. mupples' who compiled the numbers, your 'F' prefix m57 was made around 1965 imsm.. only thing i know about the police modeels, from an article linked here, is that the police hooked a chain to the loop on the mag, and the lanyard loop on the pistol. to my knowledge, no one here has gotten one as surplus. the chains were probaly removed during rebuild..
    I have a Yugo mag with part of the chain attatched(one link). I thought it was kinda weird but now I know what it is. Dick
    IGNORANCE IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE COMMODITY THAT YOU CAN OWN