http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/manowar/images/PA63.pdf
    it will give you the basics
    pull spring off
    put new spring on small end first

while you got your slide off you can change your firing pin spring

Default Firing Pin Spring

FIRING PIN SPRING

the first thing is to take the extractor out

take dental pick put it in between the extractor and the extractor pressure pin

pull back on the extractor pressure pin and take out extractor slowing let go of extractor pressure pin
    and take out

push firing forward as far as it will go take hemostats and clip the on to the firing pin

put muzzle end of slide strait down this will relieve the safety pin

you may have to pull down on the hemostats at the same time wiggle and turn safety until comes out

release hemostats take firing pin out

there is a small spring with a plunger on top of the firing pin you may want to just clean it and put it back

pull firing pin spring off and replace

put back together in reverse order

NORM

Default Changing Hammer Springs

CHANGING HAMMER SPRINGS
    TOOLS

small hammer
    punch
    screw driver
    take grips off

be careful not to lose the sear push pins there are 2 of them and they will fall out one on each side

drive the pin out of frame and the hammer spring plug

pull out hammer spring plug and spring

put together in reverse order
    NORM

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Norm, that's great stuff! Thanks for posting.
    I'm always looking for rare varieties of 9x18 ammunition.

should be a sticky

Second the sticky.
    Member: SEGMC; MSR-16

Norm - Although I already posted, may I send First Congratulations on the sticky!
    Last edited by North Bender; 02-26-2008 at 11:08 AM.

+1 with North Bender, Norm has been a great help to several of us over the years. Thanks Norm.

papabear

Default P-64 hammer spring change

take off grips
    cock the hammer , there is a hole in the hammer strut

put a strong wire in it

then pull the trigger allowing the hammer to go forward
    then push the hammer spring pin out

you should have the spring, hammer strut, and mag release all in one piece
    next lock it up in a vise if you don't have a vise you can use a pair of vise grips

take a small pair of vise grips and clap down on the mag release, then press down , pull the wire out let up on the mag release take out spring put new spring in press down on mag release put wire back in
    put spring, hammer strut, and mag release back in gun, put hammer spring pin , cock hammer pull wire out
    NORM

Default Excellent

Norm;
    Great stuff. I have a set of Wolff springs ready to replace the 24# hammer one on my new P-64 as soon as I pick it up!
    Alden

Great JOB!
    The coward is always the victim.

I have a P-64 and an AP-MBP. The 64 functions smoothly, both decocker and SA pull are smooth. The DA pull and decocker on the AP is very hard. The Decocker at times will not work unless I pull the hammer, which appears to be at full cock, to full cock a second time. Is this a problem with worn parts or a very heavy hammer spring? Any other thoughts? Thanks

I am now the proud owner of 2 of the PA-63's. I ordered the spring kits today. Is there a way to get this in a PDF file? I dont have internet in my shop I've tried cuting and pasting, Didnt work so well.

Thanks for a very clear write up. I have all my tools sitting waiting on the springs.

Hell, I am new to the board. I was just wondering if you need to change the firing pin spring when you change the recoil spring or can I just leave the original one on.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius Funk View Post
    Hell, I am new to the board. I was just wondering if you need to change the firing pin spring when you change the recoil spring or can I just leave the original one on.
    no need, unless there is a problem.

Thanks for the info. I really like my pa 63 but the recoil throws my accuracy off.

Default Many thanks!

Thanks a million to Norm and all of the member for sharing their feg pa-63 experience. I changed the recoil spring (15#) hammer spring (11#) and the firing pin spring with no trouble except for the extractor plunger and spring firing across the living room (didn't use a bag) thankfully my stepson found them! Bought this gun with plans as a truck gun but due to my stepson's new interest we plan to smooth all edges, polish the ramp, some color or duracoat, paint the sights and it may just become a ccw or bug. thanks again to all.

thanks for the help

Default Stirring the pot

Sorry to be resurrecting an old thread but I do have a question about a spring replacement issue. I changed the recoil spring to the Wolff 15# and I had a heck of a problem getting the barrel to slide into the tapered end of the spring. Once I had it there getting the slide to sit down on the frame was an issue and doesn't freely slide. What the heck?! I have to be doing something obviously wrong. When I put the original back in there's no problem. I sure was happy to find this thread for the firing pin and hammer spring instructions. But, the recoil spring should be the simplist one and I'm having a cow here!

Quote Originally Posted by ironhat View Post
    Sorry to be resurrecting an old thread but I do have a question about a spring replacement issue. I changed the recoil spring to the Wolff 15# and I had a heck of a problem getting the barrel to slide into the tapered end of the spring. Once I had it there getting the slide to sit down on the frame was an issue and doesn't freely slide. What the heck?! I have to be doing something obviously wrong. When I put the original back in there's no problem. I sure was happy to find this thread for the firing pin and hammer spring instructions. But, the recoil spring should be the simplist one and I'm having a cow here!
    the 15# spring will make it more difficult to replace the slide, sometimes mine will hang if it's not lined up perfectly with the frame.

Default Spring upgrade

This is my first time on this site and it looks like a Godsend. I just got a pa63 and went to the Wolff spring website and saw no kit for this model. Are you using Makarov or Walther springs?

Thumbs up Big thanks!

Norm,

That's a great procedure for changing the springs. I changed the springs in my PA-63, in just a few minutes. It's easier than changing the oil in my car, thanks your instructions. And the pistol functions great! It's amazing how a little change like that can make a pistol operate so smoothly. With the spring kits from Wolff (3 each; recoil and hammer), I can literally "dial in" exactly the response I want.

Thanks again,

Steve

Just put in wolf 13# guild spring and 11# hammer spring. I wold like to know if I have to replace the firing pin spring that came with the guild spring. thank you

not unless it's needed

Default misfires

Just changed my Pa-63 springs (recoil 15lb, hammer 11lb) Now, for the first time EVER, the gun misfires often. I assume its the hammer spring and will replace it with the old one. Any ideas? Should I try 13 lb?
    Also when I first started shooting after the magazine emptied the breach did not lock open but after @40 rounds it does. Again, any suggestions will be appreciated. Other than my recent problems the gun is GREAT (a golf glove solves the problem of scratching from the recoil).

Awesome guide. Got my springs in today and immediately replaced my recoil and hammer springs. I won't get to try it out for a few days, but everything seems to cycle correctly and the DA trigger pull is so much nicer. I was going to replace the firing pin spring but I have a question about the ejector. When you hold the spring back and pull the ejector out, which way are you pulling? Is it straight away from the slide, forward, into the slide, or what? I don't want to scrape my slide while my tools inevitably slip off from trying to pull the wrong way.

Also, I asked in another thread, but does anyone know of, or could anyone post, a guide for removing the sear? I would really like to polish that up as I think that's what's causing a trigger issue I'm having. Sometimes the sear rod doesn't move up into proper position to catch the cocking lever/sear/whatever else it may be called in other guides, on a SA pull.

+1 for the sticky!
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of Democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." George Orwell

Thumbs up What a great sticky

PA-63 is a nice little pistol now that it's got new wolff springs. thanks for the sticky

Just changed all my springs and my case extractor was missing so I ordered a new one and cant figure it out for nothing think they sent wrong one any ideas.

69eracing I moved your post to the forum board:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...Help-for-PA-63

I'm desperately looking for ejector assembly (slide stop) for pa63...