if you don't know how download this or print it
http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/manowar/images/PA63.pdf
it will give you the basics
pull spring off
put new spring on small end first

while you got your slide off you can change your firing pin spring

See less See more
#29 ·
Awesome guide. Got my springs in today and immediately replaced my recoil and hammer springs. I won't get to try it out for a few days, but everything seems to cycle correctly and the DA trigger pull is so much nicer. I was going to replace the firing pin spring but I have a question about the ejector. When you hold the spring back and pull the ejector out, which way are you pulling? Is it straight away from the slide, forward, into the slide, or what? I don't want to scrape my slide while my tools inevitably slip off from trying to pull the wrong way.

Also, I asked in another thread, but does anyone know of, or could anyone post, a guide for removing the sear? I would really like to polish that up as I think that's what's causing a trigger issue I'm having. Sometimes the sear rod doesn't move up into proper position to catch the cocking lever/sear/whatever else it may be called in other guides, on a SA pull.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.