IJA ID booklets/paperwork and dog tags WANTED

Thread: IJA ID booklets/paperwork and dog tags WANTED

Default IJA ID booklets/paperwork and dog tags WANTED

Hello All,

I am always looking for veteran bringback IJA unit handbooklets (see my avatar pic.) and IJA dog tags. Concerning dog tags I am looking for 4 and 5 digit coded units only. I am also looking for US/Australian/UK veteran bringback IJA/IJN paperwork: diaries, maps, IJN sailor records, postcards, unusual ORIGINAL IJA manuals/regs. booklets (flamethrower, tankette, spigot mortar, kempeitai, etc.). I pay a premium for the right paperwork. Thanks for looking!

Tom

PM sent

Still looking for interesting paperwork and IJA tags. Thanks!

Tom

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

PM sent regarding an item I've seen for sale.

Thanks everyone for the leads, they are much appreciated!

Tom

I was in the local junk shop by my house and they have a drop leaflet for sale. framed for $70.00
    just throwing it out there.
    “All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
    ― T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom:

Still looking for veteran bringback Japanese paperwork and IJA tags. Thanks so far for all of the leads!

Tom

I am still on the hunt for veteran bringback IJA unit handbooklets (see my avatar pic.) and IJA dog tags. Concerning dog tags I am looking for 4 and 5 digit coded units only. I am also looking for US/Australian/UK veteran bringback IJA/IJN paperwork: diaries, maps, IJN sailor records, postcards, unusual ORIGINAL IJA manuals/regs. booklets (flamethrower, tankette, spigot mortar, kempeitai, etc.). I pay a premium for the right paperwork. Thanks for looking!

Tom

Still looking for veteran bringback Japanese paperwork and IJA tags. I will be setting up at the 2014 SOS this coming February, so if you will be at the show and have IJA tags or ID booklets to sell, or just want some help in figuring them out, please come by my table. I will have several rare IJA booklets on display (see avatar pic) so please stop by and say hello!

Tom

Still on the hunt for IJA/IJN paperwork, diaries, and dog tags. Particularly interested in IJA booklets (see my avatar pic.)/document groupings taken from the battlefields of Guadalcanal, Peleliu, and Tinian.

Tom

Still on the hunt for IJA/IJN paperwork, diaries, and dog tags. Particularly interested in IJA booklets (see my avatar pic.)/document groupings taken from the battlefields of the Solomon Islands, New Guinea, Peleliu, and Tinian. Thanks for looking!

Tom
    Last edited by TomP; 08-26-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Still on the hunt for veteran bringback IJA/IJN paper items and dog tags. Here is an example of a very unusual dog tag I added to my collection recently: It is for the 2nd Shipping Artillery Regiment, 2nd (sea) watch Company. This unit was in charge of providing defense for IJA troop/material transport ships against planes, submarines, etc. I am always looking for unusual units like this for my collection. Thanks for looking!

Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails $_12.jpg  

A big "Thank you!" goes out to J. for giving me the opportunity to purchase his paperwork grouping from Saipan. Very much appreciated!

Tom

Still on the hunt for IJA/IJN paperwork, diaries, and dog tags. Particularly interested in IJA booklets (see my avatar pic.)/document groupings taken from the battlefields of the Solomon Islands, New Guinea, Peleliu, and Tinian. Thanks for looking!

Tom

Just picked up a really nice IJA techo from Maekawa's military antique store in Tokyo. A fantastic late war booklet for a soldier who was called up for Japan's last major mobilization before the end of the war. He was in the 303rd Infantry Division and his unit was to fight off the allied invasion of the Japanese home islands.

I am still on the hunt for IJA/IJN paperwork, diaries, and dog tags. Particularly interested in IJA booklets (see my avatar pic.)/document groupings taken from the battlefields of the Solomon Islands, New Guinea, Peleliu, and Tinian. Thanks for looking!

Tom

I am still on the hunt for IJA/IJN paperwork, diaries, and dog tags. Particularly interested in IJA booklets (see my avatar pic.)/document groupings taken from the battlefields of the Solomon Islands, New Guinea, Peleliu, and Tinian.

I will have a table at the MAX show this coming October with a small selection of Japanese dog tags and techo booklets on display. If you have Japanese paperwork or dog tags for sale, or just want to say hello, please stop by. Thanks for looking!

Tom

I will have a table at the MAX show next week with a small selection Japanese paperwork from Iwo Jima on display. I will also have some things for sale as well. If you have Japanese paperwork or dog tags for sale, or just want to say hello, please stop by. I will have my IJA dog tag code book with me as well, so please feel free to bring your tags if you need a translation for your codes. Thanks for looking!

Tom

Still very interested in IJA booklets, particularly examples from unusual units, as well as from Tinian and Peleliu. If you have a veteran bringback and you are looking to sell, please contact me. I am always interested in hearing what might be out there. This pic. is my booklet collection so far, 140+ and counting. Looking forward to adding more!

Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails techocollection3.jpg  

A big "Thank you!" goes out to Long Lance for giving me the opportunity to purchase several items of Japanese paperwork, including captured paper from Biak, Aitape, and Eniwetok. Very much appreciated!

Tom

Here is an example of IJN paperwork I am looking for. It is called a Rirekihyo and is a sailor's service record. These documents (with exception of late war examples) are made of paper of card-stock thickness and are multi-paneled. They fold up accordion style and tend to have several different types of ink used for the entires. Entries on these documents include names of ships served on, ports of call, promotions, illness, and unit/ship transfers. The example below is for a sailor within the SNLF (6th Yokosuka SNLF ---> 3rd Special Base Force) who served on Tarawa. Please contact me if you have one or more of this type of document for sale. I would be very interested. Thanks for looking! Tom

Here is an ultra rare IJN evaluation document that hardly ever comes to market. Known as a Koukachousahyou, it has a similar layout to the IJN document above and was used to evaluate the technical skills, reading/writing/arithmetic, character, etc. of the IJN sailor. Also one of the few Japanese military documents that utilized a photograph. The sailor for this particular eval. doc. was evaluated on naval guns, including high angled and 14 cm artillery. Always looking for IJN paperwork like this, as well as IJA paper and unusual Japanese dog tags for my collection. Thanks for looking! Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8356.jpg   IMG_8359.jpg   IMG_8358.jpg  

Still very interested in IJA and IJN paper, particularly examples from unusual units, as well as captured docs. from Tinian and Peleliu. If you have a veteran bringback and you are looking to sell, please contact me. Alternatively, if you know of another collector looking to sell captured Japanese paper, please don't hesitate in passing this information along. I am always interested in hearing what might be out there, and I am willing to pay a finder's fee for leads that end with a successful transaction. Thanks for looking!

Tom

Hi Tom,

I'll be receiving several groups of documents soon in very good condition, they include awards, promotions, qualifications etc. I'm mostly interested in pre-WWII stuff, so I'd be happy to sell the later stuff to you. I'll send you some pictures and descriptions as soon as they arrive.

Thanks,

Ian

Thanks, Ian! PM sent.

Tom

A big "Thank you!" goes out to Turbografx for giving me the opportunity to purchase his naval gunnery award document connected to the IJN cruiser, Kitakami. Very much appreciated!

Tom

A slight deviation from what I normally collect, but I could not pass up the historical significance. This is a pay increase notification document for a member of the kempeitai based in Korea. What is really cool about this document is it was given during the time when the Japanese police controlled Korea. This was known as the Military Police Reign Era (1910-1919). The document is made out to a kempei corporal and dated October 10, 1912. Always looking for oddball IJA/IJN Japanese paperwork, as well as captured paper from Tinian and Peleliu.

If all goes well, I will be set up at the SOS next Feb. with a display of my Iwo Jima bring backs. Please stop by and say hello if you are attending. Thanks for looking!

Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image1.JPG  
    Last edited by TomP; 11-09-2016 at 01:06 PM.

I wanted to share a recent connection I was able to make with one of my Japanese booklets (guntaitechou). Late last year I had the good fortune of studying a memorial booklet to the fallen of the battle of Attu. Nearly 3,000 pictures of Japanese soldiers of the Attu garrison, along with their names and ranks, are contained in this booklet. From the information in this booklet, I was able to match up my two Attu captured guntaitechou to two pictures in the booklet. Here is a picture of my two techou, and a picture of the soldier, a Mr. Honda, who was the owner of the techou on the right:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8372.JPG   Honda.jpg  

A summary of the history of Mr. Honda as can be found in his booklet:

Superior unit: Asahikawa Divisional District.
    Sub unit: Hoku Bu#7 Butai (7th Engineer Regiment Replacement Unit)
    Ranks: Private 2nd Class, Private 1st Class
    Address: Hokkaido

Summary of unit history:
    April 4, 1942: Entered service with Unit #7 (7th Eng. Regt. Replacement)
    October 26, 1942: Entered Hoku 5214 butai (302nd Independent Engineer Company)
    November 20, 1942: Left Otaru Harbor (Hokkaido, Japan)
    November 25, 1942: Arrived Aleutian Islands, Attu
    November 27, 1942: Battle entry (Bombing/strafing run by 11th Air Force; B26's/P38s -- all entries are Japan time, dated one day after attack)
    February 19, 1943: Battle entry (no info.)
    March 31, 1943: Battle entry (11th AF bombing of Attu runway; B24s/P38s)
    April 6, 1943: Battle entry (11th AF bombing of Attu: 16 B24s/6 B25s)
    April 26, 1943: Battle entry ((11th AF) 15 B-24's, 12 B-25's, 32 P-40's, 23 P-38's, and 1 F-5A fly 12 missions to Kiska and Attu)

Last two entries of the booklet give the following information: 1. Time spent while on Attu with an open ended leave date. 2. Last entry: Leaving Attu by ship with no set date of month or day in 1943.

Please note that the above battle entries only had the date and entry of battle participation. US plane information taken from Pacific wrecks. Battle entries that are connected to the US are extremely rare and this booklet has 5 such entries.

As you can see from the info. next to the picture, Mr. Honda was a superior private. I believe that this was a rank attained posthumously.

The SOS is a month away and I am hoping to be there and set up. Regardless, I am on the hunt for interesting Japanese booklets such as the one above, along with unusual Japanese dog tags, soldier diaries, unusual manuals, and IJN related service records. If you have interesting captured paperwork, please find me at the show. Hope to see you in Louisville, and thanks for looking!

Tom

Still very interested in IJA and IJN paper, particularly examples from unusual units, as well as captured docs. from Peleliu and Angaur. If you have a veteran bringback and you are looking to sell, please contact me. Alternatively, if you know of another collector looking to sell captured Japanese paper, please don't hesitate in passing this information along. I am always interested in hearing what might be out there, and I am willing to pay a finder's fee for leads that end with a successful transaction. Thanks for looking!

Tom