Gunboards Forums banner

Norinco AK-47 .223 mag question

7K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  kmartin4 
#1 ·
Hey guys I just bought a Norinco 84S underfolder and it came with, get this 40 magazines!!!!! I so don't need 40 mags. What are these babies going for? And where is the best place to sell them?

#4 ·
yes they sell for 40,60,75+ depending on the day on gunbroker. But.. are they original metal chinese mags? aftermarkets are not for me. and red bakalite conversions from ak 74 don't work for more than 15 rounds. nonetheless, you should really enjoy any ak in .223. i do.

#10 ·
What I really meant was,are there any small mags that will fit.....not necessarily the Norinco mags.I used to have a saiga .223 but not sure if those are able to be used in the Norinco's...possibly not.BTW I have never seen the 40 rd mags pictured down here....only the 30 rounders,which are VERY hard to obtain now.

#14 ·
jjjxlr8, there are ChiCom 15-round .223Rem magazines floating around "out there" on the secondary market, as well as 10- and 5-rounders. There were a few 100-round .223Rem drums imported from China back in the 80s altho I've not seen one. The other denominations are far more common, of course.

Come to think of it, I've not seen any PolyTech .223Rem magazines rather all the ones of my acquaintance are NORINCO-"brand."

Hope this helps. A NORINCO .223Rem underfolder must be too kool for school. Great snag.

#17 ·
Norinco mags

I have three of the 15rd Norinco .223 mags and some of the 30rd mags. I used to have the drum, but traded it away for a SKS & Mosin as I never used it. Those all shot well in my 84S. I've never had any of the 5 or 10 rd so I can't comment on those. There are some Polytech .223 mags out there as I have some that are converted to work in my Valmet M76.

#15 ·
Back when I had a Norinco 84S in .223, I was able to make very workable mags using the red polymer/plastic 5.56 mags. All it required was a little Dremmel time by reshaping the plastic near the front of the mag. Nothing I did damaged the integrity of the magazine.

#16 ·
Some work on the Orlite Isreali Galil mags makes them 100% good to go in Norincos. My oldest son spent 5$ each for Galil mags last year, 20$ mags this year. Or a feed ramp like the Siagas is in order, and then Bulgarian 5.56 mags will do fine.

Still, send a Pm if yer gonna sell some, I know a couple guys who are always looking for steel mags.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.