Gunboards Forums banner

Czech Legion 6th Rifle Regiment circa 1917-20 Display - Revamped

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bayonetcollector 
#1 ·
Hello Gents,

I shot a proper set of photos of this display before I broke the display down to put together the various Austro-Hungarian displays I have been posting lately. I originally photographed this display with a M1895 Mannlicher, which was correct, however I opted for a change to a M1891 Three-Line Rifle instead.

Czech Legion 6th Rifle Regiment circa 1917-20, Summer uniform

Action figure Outerwear Figurine Fictional character Costume
Soldier Figurine Action figure Outerwear Toy
Figurine Art Sculpture Fictional character
Brown Bag Footwear Satchel Outerwear
Bag Khaki Messenger bag Beige Satchel
Human Beige Costume

Action figure Human Outerwear Costume Fictional character
Outerwear Human Costume Action figure Jacket
Outerwear Fictional character Figurine Soldier Action figure
Clothing Costume Outerwear Human Action figure
Outerwear Costume Facial hair Soldier Fictional character

Enjoy!

Warmest regards,

John

See less See more
#5 ·
Yes, very cool. I learned about the Czech Legion here, and JPS's photos are excellent as usual. I really enjoyed reading The Good Soldier Švejk, so the reference was a welcomed addition. Thanks

#6 ·
Actually Jaroslav Hasek took part in this battle and went to Vladivostok with his fellow legionnaires, but he protested about the desicion that they go to France and left the Czech legion. He then threw his lot in with the Bolschewiks and stayed when the Legion left. A move that was most unpopular with the Czech Legion. So, returning after the war he was not among the Czech national heroes, though he had been in the Czech Legion for quite a while. He then went on to write his masterpiece...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.