Gunboards Forums banner

Share the Maks!-post your Best Mak Pictures Here!

96K views 223 replies 127 participants last post by  CrazyIrish 
#1 · (Edited)
First off..

A 1978 Bulgarian Limited Production Run MAkarov... Finish is 60-70% But mechanically perfect.

See less See more
#64 ·
Newbie here. Got my first Mak. It and holster are in like-new shape. Pics aren't very good; I'll work on my technique :). Purchased recently for $200 from a widow who didn't want it in the house. It shoots beautifully. I like it! Will start doing some studying on Makarov's. I appreciate all the knowledge on this forum.

#65 ·
Newbie here. Got my first Mak. It and holster are in like-new shape. Pics aren't very good; I'll work on my technique :). Purchased recently for $200 from a widow who didn't want it in the house. It shoots beautifully. I like it! Will start doing some studying on Makarov's. I appreciate all the knowledge on this forum.
View attachment 757875 View attachment 757876 View attachment 757877
You have landed on the right website for most of your inquiries on the PM.

#82 · (Edited)
This is a PLA (Peoples liberation Army ) issue Makarov. A very few of these have surfaced in USA collections and all are believed to be bring backs from the Vietnam War. Of the few observed, some have capture paper, This one came from an auction in the late 70s. It was listed as a bring back. It came with its issue holster. (of course there are not any import marks)
Later I will post a non import stars and shield Chinese Makarov which is apparently police or border guards issue. Then I will list a zz prefix non import which are believed to be the export model. For now enjoy this PLA Makarov which I am pleased to add to this sticky library.

#83 ·
Here is an East German dated 1959 which is a recent import. I am told that 1958 was the first year, but none have yet surfaced on this side of the pond.
The markings were stamped into the metal, not engraved. Since this was in a batch of recent imports there must be more of these around. Happy to add it to this sticky library.

#87 ·
Here's the new East German. Came with the thumb-rest grip. You can see the roughest spot on it near the muzzle in this pic. The rest is fairly clean other than some holster wear you'll see in the next pic.

The other side with the East German circle-diamond and K100. Plus, some bonus muzzle wear.

Swapped the grips to a pair of E. German ones I had laying around. Came with one magazine with the hump in it.

Here's my 1985 Bulgarian.

I was losing the light fast, but got them both together for one last shot.