Thread: Colt LE 901 Modular rifle

Default Colt LE 901 Modular rifle

When Colt released their 901 7.62NATO Modular rifle I wanted one and looked for them in the shops. Nothing. Then I saw one at a Bill Goodman Gunshow in Dayton Ohio, in October, in the $2K price range. I thought about buying it on the spot but figured it would still be there long enough to see if there might be another for less at the show, so I let it sit. Nope, only one and of course gone on my return. Kicked and cursed myself but figured they will get another, well we all know what happened after the election and then shooting in CT... I have not seen one since except on Gunbroker and other sites with prices that gave nose bleeds. I started to give up hope I would get one. Yesterday I found this one, new in box on a FFL dealers table at a gun show for $3K plus tax. I hated to do an extra grand plus, but thought about it for an hour before acting. I figured with all that is going on if Colt stops making them or if the anti gunners in Congress actually do manage to find the votes to ban them I will kick myself. If I really wanted it I would just have to suck it up and do it. So I did, OUCH. lol It is nice but the dealer had snagged the spare mag. Luckily they use 7.62NATO Pmags and I had bought several for my Knights Armament Stoner SR25 last summer before it hit the fan. So I got a neat rifle but damn I really hated filling out a 4473 on that rifle with all the crap that is going on...ugh.

My birthday is towards the end of the month so I figure hitting that dreaded half century mark deserved something special to take the sting out. lol This will do it.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/colt...iew-le901-16s/

http://www.policeone.com/police-prod...dular-Carbine/

my FFL just had one in his shop for a scope installation. I got to look it over. it is one sweet rifle. look at it this way, shooting it will be a lot more fun than kicking yourself for letting it go. a range report is a must.

Yeah the only problem is with the cost of ammo where it is I now have to take out a loan to shoot it. LOL