Default "Independence" 5.56 Ammo

What is the general opinion of "Independence" brand 5.56 ammo? I understand it is Israeli manufactured and imported by Federal up here in Anoka, MN. I can pick it up for 48 cents a round at my local gunshop. Is it good stuff? Thanks in advance for any input on this! - Mike
    Last edited by 3A PKKA; 04-13-2013 at 04:55 PM.

seems like just about all that is on the shelves by us too, it isn't a highly accurate hunting round but I used a couple hundred rounds through my M&P with no problems whatsover, pretty accurate for me.

I shoot IPSC and run it (Independence) in my Witness Unlimited in 45 acp and it is very good ammo.
    Vigilance in Living counteracts Stupidity in Dying
    Per Scintillam Flamma

I understand it is Israeli manufactured
    While it's no guarantee, Israeli made stuff is usually very good quality, at least it has been in my personal experience.

The IMI M193 ammo I purchased a few years back is some of the most consistent and accurate 5.56 I've ever used, sadly, the stuff is almost impossible to find now.

On top of the world, looking down on creation

I will have to remember to check my saved shell casings at home but I had some Israeli (TZZ stamped?) that had about 20% spit their primers.

Made for fun morning when I couldn't get through a magazine without a stoppage since the primers stayed in (and jammed) the action even though the casing ejected. Those little primers get jammed by the bolt into the forward area along the gas tube and good luck if you don't have a pick or needle nose pliers to get them out.

I was "once bitten, twice shy" and actually threw away the rest of the batch as I wasn't about to dump them on someone else.

I know that's not a definitive indictment of Israeli ammunition, but its my only experience with their ammunition. That's the only bad 5.56 I've had in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobedoo View Post
    While it's no guarantee, Israeli made stuff is usually very good quality, at least it has been in my personal experience.
    Usually is the operative word here. Anybody that had experienced a problem with the TZ80 7.62X51 of theirs may have a differing opinion.

While at one of the local gun stores ordering a Burris Fastfire red dot I saw they had a few boxes and purchased 3 just to try it out.......................Have only seen Tula and the Independence brand around here in the past month or so..............

Regards
    Art
    Mobile Riverine Force
    1097th Med Boat Co./9th Inf Div 68-69
    DongTam, VN

Ammo? In a box? On a shelf? for less than $1 a pop? What's the like? Here in Connecticut forget about it. It's something you tell your kids about.

Rome