Thread: How do tell if you have a Molot refurb?

Default How do tell if you have a Molot refurb?

Molot issue is new to me. I tried to search for a basic thread on this but am still looking for basic info... How do you tell? Pro's and Con's? How are they different than any other milsurp?

If this is covered in a thread does anyone have a link? Apparently I can use the search function...basically Molot is a Russian exporter and this is their mark?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mol.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	662826
    Last edited by M1917Ranger; 05-11-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by M1917Ranger View Post
    Molot issue is new to me. I tried to search for a basic thread on this but am still looking for basic info... How do you tell? Pro's and Con's? How are they different than any other milsurp?

If this is covered in a thread does anyone have a link? Apparently I can use the search function...basically Molot is a Russian exporter and this is their mark?

Molot is the "clearing house" that handles exports. Yes that would be one of the Molot marks. Best way to tell molot is by the import mark on the rear of the receiver

Great. More modern marks to go with the US billboards...

I should've bought a crate when they just had regular old US umport marks....

At least Molot tends to hide their billboard advertising under the handguard. They usually put their symbol on the rear of the receiver, underside of bolt, and I think on the right side of the receiver if I remember correctly. So far I have only seen Molot M44's and M38's. No 91/30's that I know of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by M1917Ranger View Post

Technically, the "GIS" mark in the picture isn't Molot's own mark-it's a proof mark that is apparently required to be on guns exported from Russia by a commercial concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Hammer View Post
    So far I have only seen Molot M44's and M38's. No 91/30's that I know of yet.
    Unless you count the PU snipers.

"An expert is a person who avoids the small errors while sweeping on to the grand fallacy".
    Steven Weinberg
    "Every Dogma Has Its Day."
    Anthony Burgess (Maybe)

Unless you count the PU snipers.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I forgot about them.

I have a few Molot's, as people said, they are located under the bolt (like that one in the pic) the right side the receiver (if I remember correctly), under the hand guard and then under front sight, then PW arms or whatever importer adds their two cents as well. It's something I try not to think about when I am shooting my Mosin's haha.
    "Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory."
    - General George S. Patton