Thread: Brno M95

Default Brno M95

I have a steyr, Budapest and Bulgarian carbines so now I want a Brno.
    sawone listed on an Indian firearms forum for $275 but couldn't get in touch with the seller.
    also two listed on GB for $500-600.

i know they are actually rare(6k built?) but what are they really worth? Anything special to know about them? Anyone have one they want to sell or trade for?
    p

Nick is online now Super Moderator/Diamond Bullet member

Quote Originally Posted by surffly View Post
    two listed on GB for $500-600.
    Yes, they have been listed on GB for the last 4 years. I happen to know the seller... An original BRNO marked M.95 would be worth $600 easily, but not these Bulgarian refurbs. In the end all it matters is how much you want one!
    Last edited by Nick; 05-24-2013 at 07:13 PM.
    "It's impossible to grasp the boundless" - Kozma Prutkov

"Бросая в воду камешки, смотри на круги, ими образуемые; иначе такое бросание будет пустою забавою." - Козьма Прутков

"A який чоловiк горилку не пье - то вiн або хворий, або подлюка." - Невідомий українець

I started talking to him, trying to see if we could do some horse trading...no luck.
    He made me an offer on both, but still a little rich for my blood.
    he is free to ask what he wants and if he is in no rush to sell then more power to him.

I think it was Nick, or USMCSean that picked up an original for a song (<$200) over Christmas a few years ago. Still annoyed I had forgotten about the auction. :-(
    Not sure that we ever saw pics of it.
    There are a few out there but I've only ever seen 4 for sale and 3 were Bulgarian refurbs. I think the two on GB are over priced for what they are. But by how much *shrug*, as Nick said; depends on how much you want them.
    Will trade a German used and marked, all matching (by the Germans), good condition, M95M with original German added French sling for a M95 sniper.
    Looking for unusual, Czech, and 1913 or earlier M95s and early Czech 98/22s (Vz 98).
    Just running along ... at a tortoise pace. I'm just too busy and too slow.
    You can view pics of my collection here.

$600 is worth the money for an Import all matching BRNO as long as the Import Mark is on the barrel. The early Imports has a very Small Import Mark under the Barrel. The two that have been on Gunbroker so long have the Ugly Billboard Import Marks on the Left Side of the receiver. That is not Shown in the Pictures. There are too many BRNO's out there with the Import Marks on the barrel to throw $400-$600 away on those with Receiver Bill Board Marks.
    Century had a Sale about three years ago and sold those Ugly BRNO's for $275 each. Someone bought all (around 12 as I recall).

I know of only one Non-Import BRNO M95 Carbine and that is the Carbine which Prez1981 bought for $800 a few years ago. I own a few M95 BRNO Carbines (Imports) and one Non-Import BRNO M95 Rifle.
    Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member

Thanks for the heads up about the import marks!

i have a few things that I would like to leave my safe first, but a brno m95 is high on my list.
    well that an a m95m