Gunboards Forums banner

Show off your Israel K98's

98K views 139 replies 66 participants last post by  JIMMY C 
#1 ·
Israeli K98 From Allan

Allan has a few of these so I ordered one of the FN made rifles. I have another K98 that spent time in Israel but it is still in 8mm. I will post some photos of these soon.

#2 ·
#5 · (Edited)
Here's one of mine.

Here are a few photos of an original Israeli I.D.F. K98 Mauser front sight adjustment tool.

Kind of a rare item. I obtained it along with two Israeli Mauser rifles from Armscorp back in the 1980's. I was doing some work for them and was able to get the "pick of the litter".

Here is a photo of an original Israeli made K98 bayonet,

Israeli cleaning kit.

#12 · (Edited)
Presentation Israeli 98k Mauser

...Kind of a rare item. I obtained it along with two Israeli Mauser rifles from Armscorp back in the 1980's. I was doing some work for them and was able to get the "pick of the litter".
Jimmy:

Great photos of really nice stuff, as always!

Given your past relationship with Armscorp, maybe you can provide some information on the rifle pictured below. I purchased it about 17 years ago from the owner of Armscorp. He had a small number of these Israeli 98k Mausers that he said were Israeli presentation pieces made-up by IMI. He said they were included with the thousands of standard Israeli Mausers and the many, many tons of parts and militaria he imported from Israel. The metal has a high polished blue with various parts highlighted with gold plating. The front sight hood is also gold plated but is not shown in this photo. I think the sale price was about $400, or a little more than twice what the standard Mausers were priced.

The only other time I saw one of these was a couple of years ago on dealer Christopher Gasior's websight.

Does anyone have any information on this rifle? THANKS.

#11 ·
Stunner Jimmy. I think they refered to the blade made by them as the m/48 bayonet. I love the front sight tool.

#13 ·
Yes Jack, the owner of Armscorp, did have some of the "presentation" rifles at the time. I don't know their history other than what Jack told me, which was exactly what he told you. As far a numbers of these he had. I don't know. At the time I thought they were WAY over priced. But now I wish I had picked one up.

Are you looking to trade??? or sell???? if so drop me a P/M.

Regards JIMMY C

#14 ·
Jimmy:

Thanks for at least confirming that my memory of the story is correct. I'm sorry, but this one is a keeper. The reason why I bought this one, and like you I thought it was over-priced at the time, is that a couple of years before I picked up an Israeli Presentation Mauser bayonet. The piece is one of the Israeli manufactured bayonets like you posted photos of. It has a small engraved plaque (in Hebrew) afixed to the scabbard. I have not looked at the piece in a long time, so my memory may not be accurate, but I'm pretty sure that parts of the bayonet are chrome plated. The story I received at the time is that these special bayonets were presented to generous American contributors who donated funds to aid the Israeli armed forces. I'll try to dig this bayonet out of storage and post some photos.

#16 ·
These are nothing special. The top one began life as a BCD4. The bottom is a .22 made by FN in the 1950s.

#27 ·
Israeli .22 trainer with Remington barrel made from CZ 98.
Have come across two of these single-shot conversions in recent days - having not heard about them at all prior to that. I'm kind of intrigued and would like to maybe pick one up, but have questions re: utility/accuracy and price/value.

How well do they shoot? How many were produced and what should I be able to pick one up for?

Thanks.

#26 ·
To 1947, Hagana and Israeli agents bought guns from whatever sources they could find. That rifle might have been purchased and smuggled out of Mexico directly. Another source may have been via Spain. Mexico sent alot of weapons to the Spanish Republicans. After their Civil War, the Spanish government probably surplused any weapons that they no longer needed, especially those captured from Republican forces.

#31 ·
Okay Arado, calm down. You have the most uncommon Israeli rifle around. Honest mistake here.

#32 ·
JohnyC. ... Ive done a LOT of research on the mexican mod 1912 rifles and from what ive found none made it to mexico due to the U.S. blockade of mexico but more importantly the outbreak of WW 1 .From what ive found , there were only approx. 69,000 made and were issued to Austria/Hungary during WW1 . after WW1 a lot were given to the Czechs and the Yugos .. The rear sight base on this one has German Waa's . This one has some intresting history . I got it from a guy for $50 and a $25 pump shotgun :) Regards, Tater

#34 ·
Israeli K98 mausers available from Century

With all this talk of how rare Israeli K98's are, I was wondering if people are aware that Century Arms currently has them available on their web site? I bought one in "Good" condition last summer for $220. It came caked in cosmoline and, while I haven't gotten around to cleaning it off yet, it appears to be in decent (if somewhat banged around) shape.

If I recall correctly, the prices for the "Fair" condition rifles (which is all Century has left now, and says it has very few) started at something like $170-180

#36 ·
The rifles which Century has been selling for the past year or so are from Guatemala. Most have beeen poorly stored and suffer from rust and piting. I'm sure there are a few gems in the bunch though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.