Gunboards Forums banner

anyone go to the Palachucola WMA range in garnett,sc?

12K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  opie7afe 
#1 ·
so was just thinking when i was at the range last weekend " i wonder if any one else with a mosin will show up that uses gunboards" of course nobody with a mil surp showed up besides a dad and his son plinking with some .22's.
i really love this range because #1 its free #2 its out in the country away from everyone, now i will say i do wish they did not have the rifle area mainly for bench shooters as you cannot stand up and shoot under the awning due to the "baffles" above it you cant even see the 50 yard berm standing. this design makes no sense to me but i did not pay for it and this state is known for not thinking things through. also another thing i cannot stand when going to this range is people who cannot respect the free range we have to use and have to leave their "shooting trash" everywhere like cans,targets,broken clays, shot shells ect. every time i go there i pitch in and clean up this shooting trash. now the empty casings people need to clean up as well and i try to help out with that in my area that i shoot as there is just too much for one man to do on his own so i will usually bring a magnet for the steel cases and try to sweep up the brass(that i cant use or someone else can use) and throw them in the buckets provided. wish more people valued something that is free and also valued the WMA area in general. but enough of my thoughts on this range!

so, has anyone been to this range? have you heard of it? if not and you live in the "low country" like me its a great spot to check out, and most of the time your the only human soul around besides the wonderful sounds of the wildlife. would be a cool area for some guys to get together, have a cookout and shoot some mil surp rifles!. i do know not alot of people know about this range because i do believe it is only 3 years old but not 100% sure on that.

See less See more
#2 ·
forgot i had some pictures of the rifle part of the range so for those interested here ya go. you can see the roof of the pistol area, which is a 50 yard target stand i do believe, but im sure its fine to use your own target stands to be closer as long as you dont shoot the poles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.