Gunboards Forums banner

TT33 Tokarev ID

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Clyde 
#1 ·
This TT-33 Tokarev is going up for sale at an online auction later this month. I've been in the market for a war-era Russian Tok for awhile now but have been hesitant to pay the prices most seem to command. I'm no expert on the guns but this one appears to have the correct slide serrations for a Tokarev of that era - however the finish looks a little off to me. The star on the grips has also been suggested to be either Russian or Romanian. Can anyone ID whether this is possibly a war era Russian gun or is it more likely to be Romanian or Polish or some other make?

See less See more
#5 ·
Can you tell if it has a safety added? If it has, the value is greatly reduced. I would be very careful of an auction company that does not provide quality pics; that's their living. I would be concerned that they are trying to hide something. I would get more pics or not bid. Good luck!

#6 ·
you really need a good picture of the left side to look for a safety and id the gun from the serial number and arsenal markings next to the serial number. a clear picture of the left side will also reveal if it is marked as an arsenal rework (small square with a diagonal line thru it).also need them to state clearly if it is import marked or not. (a few hundred tokarevs slipped in, illegally, without safeties but with import marks a few years ago). then they need to state if the slide, frame, barrel, hammer group, magazine or what else is matching or not. otherwise, the risk is yours. Finally, without better pictures just can not tell if the finish is a gem, reblued, dipped or what.

#8 ·
(a few hundred tokarevs slipped in, illegally, without safeties but with import marks a few years ago).
###############################

Are You talking about SSME?

#9 ·
I'll contact the auction house and see if I can't get more details out of them. The opening bid is only $225 so I may throw a bid on it just in case but I won't push it too hard since there are so many unknowns. Thanks for all the wise words of caution guys.

#11 ·
Legacy Collectibles has what they say is 1939 vintage with holster and matching magazine for $2250. If you buy that you will be they only "Zampolit" in your town or village. I would rather buy military type P210 for that price. I know they did not partake in 'Great Patriotic War' shot soldiers in back when they ran from the panzers or starve Ukrainians, but they did launder money, accept gold from extracted human teeth,....... and even sold ammunition to the Wermacht. Now you know real reason why Hitler did not invade Switzerland. Next lesson will be why he left Sweden alone.

#10 ·
One never knows when the gov. will decide the guns that were sold illegally, with no import markings and out of FL, will be declared time to turn them in. It has happened before. Also, remember that these pistols are refurbished and not WW2 original.

If you want an original and not refurbished do your homework. If you want something that may be a problem later, buy what may be a mistake.

#13 ·
Trust me - the Swiss also shot straying German aircraft down, and interned crews that force landed there. And we (Western allies) happily dealt with the Swiss during the War. Allen Dulles, for example, operated an OSS station there, to considerable advantage. The Swiss looked the other way, though they surely knew.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.