Thread: Ballistics on a 7.62x54R?

Default Ballistics on a 7.62x54R?

I bought a 1956 Chinese T53 yesterday ,got it out playing with it today . At 50 yd a it's dead on,where should it be at 100 yds.High or low?

What type of ammo ... Light Ball, Heavy Ball ... Russian, Polish, Albanian, etc.

Patrick
    Vive La République Française, le Lebel et le poilu
    Verdun 1916: "Ils ne Passeront pas" "On les aura!"
    Fusil d'Infanterie Modèle 1886 Modifié 1893 dit "Lebel"

Vive le Pinard !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axfM1sFqIK0

Quote Originally Posted by 1886lebel View Post
    What type of ammo ... Light Ball, Heavy Ball ... Russian, Polish, Albanian, etc.

Patrick
    Albanian and Bulgarian light ball

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I bought a 1956 Chinese T53 yesterday ,got it out playing with it today . At 50 yd a it's dead on,where should it be at 100 yds.High or low?
    It'll be high at 100.

"An expert is a person who avoids the small errors while sweeping on to the grand fallacy".
    Steven Weinberg
    "Every Dogma Has Its Day."
    Anthony Burgess (Maybe)

Kind of funny, how it all gets me laughing... This thread repeats almost weekly, with last week's answer being ballistic trajectory charts!

I find that my 1891/30 Rifles shoot a foot high and to the Right, at 100 Meters...
    The measure of a man is that he will take an oath, and keep it forever. My goal, entirely.
    THE HEART OF A RIGHTEOUS MAN LEANS TO THE RIGHT, WHILE THE HEART OF THE FOOL LEANS TO THE LEFT! (ECCLESIASTES 10:2)

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceVeteran View Post
    Kind of funny, how it all gets me laughing... This thread repeats almost weekly, with last week's answer being ballistic trajectory charts!

I find that my 1891/30 Rifles shoot a foot high and to the Right, at 100 Meters...
    Ok,thanks.I guess I'll just shoot it some more and see how high it's gonna shoot.
    Thanks Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Ok,thanks.I guess I'll just shoot it some more and see how high it's gonna shoot.
    Thanks Jeff
    IMO, it'll be only slightly high.

"An expert is a person who avoids the small errors while sweeping on to the grand fallacy".
    Steven Weinberg
    "Every Dogma Has Its Day."
    Anthony Burgess (Maybe)

That's probably without the bayonet. Just drift the front sight and stick on a small tube of electrical shrink wrap to fix the POI.

QUOTE=AirForceVeteran;2670840]Kind of funny, how it all gets me laughing... This thread repeats almost weekly, with last week's answer being ballistic trajectory charts!

I find that my 1891/30 Rifles shoot a foot high and to the Right, at 100 Meters...[/QUOTE]

Yep, without the bayonet fixed on the muzzle they will do that.
    "You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."
    -Ronald Reagan,

No. 4 of 4.

ive wondered if someone designed a muzzle brake to attach the same way the bayonet does but have the muzzle brake the same weight (12oz) as the bayonet if it will fix the high to the right issue without messing with sights, which i already did just need to test er out with the adjustments.
    Looking for mosin 91/30 bolt and floorplate KE9841!

The bayonet's mass is not as concentrated and uniformly distributed as such a device's would be so it would likely not be as simple as duplicating the weight exactly.

I found that at 1000 yds there is a 26 ft drop using surplus light ball. I hit an old refrigerator at that distance with the bayonet attached.
    "A golf course is nothing but a willfull and deliberate misuse of a rifle range." Theodore Roosevelt
    "Oh Lord, bring back Charleton Heston and we'll give you back Jim Carrey"

Quote Originally Posted by opie7afe View Post
    ive wondered if someone designed a muzzle brake to attach the same way the bayonet does but have the muzzle brake the same weight (12oz) as the bayonet if it will fix the high to the right issue without messing with sights, which i already did just need to test er out with the adjustments.
    I was at a local dunhams and saw a stack of business cards with a muzzle break that goes on exactly like a bayonet.
    "You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."
    -Ronald Reagan,

No. 4 of 4.

Quote Originally Posted by 54r man View Post
    I was at a local dunhams and saw a stack of business cards with a muzzle break that goes on exactly like a bayonet.
    I have seen one on an auction site that looks like a muzzle break welded to a cutoff bayonet.

Sounds like we a need a sticky with the ballistics information, since it's a question that comes up often.