Thread: Once fired .220 swift brass

Default Once fired .220 swift brass

So at a local flea market there was a guy selling once fired .220 swift brass becuase he didn't reload and really can't becuase he sold his rifle. So what I am asking is if there are any cartridges that could be made if you reform the brass? And how much should I buy it for if I decide to buy it? All help and input appreciated!
    "You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."
    -Ronald Reagan,

No. 4 of 4.

It is best used for .220 Swift. There is nothing really good to convert it too.
    If the brass is cheap you could buy it and resell it if it is in good condition.

Thankyou, suggestions on price?
    "You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."
    -Ronald Reagan,

No. 4 of 4.

220 Swift can be used to make the Japanese 6,5x50mm, 6mm Lee Navy or 7,62x45mm

54R,

I will add to RS's comments. I have reformed it into 6.5x50mm Japanese. It works great and the best part it is semi-rimmed like the original. I've attached a pdf that lays out the process. Caveat: Use at your own risk (sorry I know too many lawyers).

Regards, Shannon

Forming 6.5x50mm from .220 Swift 05JAN09.pdf
    A fool insists. A wise man accepts.