Thread: WTB Savage m87a or Westernfield m59

Default WTB Savage m87a or Westernfield m59

Savage,Westernfield,Springfield all are the same design I believe.(22 semi auto)
    I need a shootable parts gun to restore my dads first rifle(westernfield m59).
    I don't care what it looks like,action,broken stock,etc etc, just so it's shootable.I need mainly the internals of the action from the bolt back and parts for the tube feed.
    pm or email with what you have

I know these were plentiful in their day and don't go for much so if anyone has one they want to get rid of I'd appreciate it,otherwise one will show up at a gun show or shop.
    I've come across a couple but procrastinated and lost.

i have a westerfield SB 836 i just got on trade, that won't work will it?

http://forums.gunboards.com/attachme...1&d=1205365833
    m59 b 7070.JPGhttp://forums.gunboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56097&stc=1&d=12053658 33
    m59 L8080.JPG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails m59 b 7070.JPG   m59 L8080.JPG  

Default westernfield SB...

nah, mine is different, looks newer but has no seriel # i can find. here ya go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wf1.JPG   wf2.JPG   wf3.JPG   wf4.JPG  

BTT
    still looking

Any suggestion of other web sights to look for these parts or whole gun.
    not much on the auction sights,already checked egunparts and they did have them but I'm not sure what parts are missing thats why I need a whole one to rob parts from.
    Any gun shops in your area that may have it?
    I'd appreciate any help.
    thanks

gunbroker.com, auctionarms.com

Default savage 87-a

are you aware that these rifles were made in at least two stock materials?
    Wood and a plastic one ( like zytel - of Rem. nylon fame) I have one of each but I don't know how to do pictures----Computer idiot! MINE ARE NOT REPEAT NOT FOR SALE
    Last edited by gwrider; 03-28-2008 at 08:32 PM.

That model is a new one to me(plastic)seems to me my dad robbed the striker from the m59 and put it in a plastic stocked rifle when I was a kid then he sold that one with the striker in it yet
    As I have found out all the changes over the years concerning the trigger design and this model Westernfield m59 to be one of the first. Westernfield,Savage,Springfield,Fox,JC Higgins,Sears all with different model #s to name a few are of the same design.Since I posted this wtb add I have found the one part I am missing to make this rifle function but I need to modify it slightly for the first design trigger catch.Found it on gunbroker and won that auction.Also found a parts rifle at a local dealer that I bought cheap and found the problem it had and ordered the needed parts from numrich tonight,so I'll have myself two rifles now of the same design fully functional.