Gunboards Forums banner

Yugo 1924B with a sight hood?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  maxpower 
#1 ·
Just saw pictures online and they didn't have the greatest pictures. Were there post war refurbs of these? It has the same sight hood as a post war Yugo Mauser and all of the blueing was excellent.

#2 · (Edited)
I've never seen one but, it is not unreasonable to believe some survived the war to go through the refurbishment program. They did sweep up some odds and ends. I have seen a few oddballs processed and branded "24/47" though at the moment I cannot recall specifically what.
I would not believe it based solely on fuzzy pictures though. Got a link or is it a live auction? (You don't want to post links to a live auction. It's a discourtesy and against rules too.) If an auction, you can always ask the seller for clearer pictures.

#5 ·
Hrvatski,
Thanks for sharing the pics. Yours also looks like it's in a VZ-24 stock/handguard, so it might just be a re-barreled mix master. The 'b's' were built from Gewehr 98s, cut down to size for roughly Model 1924 dimensions.

I'd like to see the receiver markings and rail legend on the rifle in post #3 above. That one's in Type II Cavalry Carbine configuration, but the hand guard and sight hood are not usual for a Cav Carbine.
Pat

#6 ·
The seller didn't post a very good crest pic. It definetely looked like a M1924 crest but it wasn't clear enough to see the b, they advertised it as a 1924b and I trust that it was there. They posted no siderail pics and in my opinion the bolt handle serial was a post war force match. They said it was all matching.

#11 ·
That bolt is highly polished and renumbered as you surmised but it does not look like Yugoslav numbering to me..Crown T proof is completely missing from ball

Note the condition of the bluing on receiver is well worn on the high spots but due to oiling appears much better in the other pics

Humped..stock likely too as there seems to be finish inside the damage at rear of handguard

a shame as the stock looked correct configuration..A shame also that an auction house would have you believe they are too retarded to take clear pics

#10 ·
#12 ·
Are you familiar with these auctions? Most don't bother to take worthwhile pictures. Some will only take one profile pic, nothing else. Sometimes their descriptions are as simple as "Mauser Rifle", other auction companies will actually go into detail. This particular companies description was "rifle - bolt - NRA Excellent - 28" barrel - blue - walnut stock - Front/rear sight - legible markings - with sling - SN 1988 Matching - C&R"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.