Default 32 long rimfire ammo

does anyone know where I can get 32 long rimfire ammo? SOG had some but are sold out. Scrounger is asking 49.00 a box of 50, ouch. Can I get casings? I'd reload my own ammo if I could casings. SOG's price was 24.95 box of 50 which is reasonable but 49 + per box is out of my reach. Any suggestions out there
    Lionart

I've seen a lot on gunbroker lately. Don't know what it's selling for though. I just sold some 32 short RF last week on there.

.32 rimfire can't be reloaded, at least, not without some chemistry knowledge. I think one of the major ammunition companies still makes .32 long rimfire- i want to say aguila, but their site is down at the moment.

32 Rimfire

Can I get casings already primed from someone. Checked with SOG they are out of stock, Western Scrounger has them for 49+ for 50, that is a dollar a bullet- holy cow I might have to morgage my house

32 rimfire

Found out today that Navy arms no longer carries 32 rimfire as their supplier is making ammo for the milatary and it will be 5 years before any more rimfire is made

Quote Originally Posted by lionart99 View Post
    Found out today that Navy arms no longer carries 32 rimfire as their supplier is making ammo for the milatary and it will be 5 years before any more rimfire is made
    Stupid war, soaking up our ammo supplies! Though the our guys are sending them bin laden's way, less powder and brass but plus 2500 feet per second.

I wonder how hard it would be to convert the gun to centerfire. They did that a lot in the 19th century. Too bad there aren't a bunch of 19th century gunsmiths around. Not to mention i bet the gun has collectible value.
    Last edited by Comrade Antibiotika; 03-20-2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Finally thought of something relatively witty to say.

Thumbs up

I remember an article from many years ago about a guy reloading 41 Swiss rimfire (IIRC) as no new ammo was available. The biggest problem was in figuring out the priming mixture AND getting it evenly distributed in the rim. He wound up using a sort of beveled dowel rod to squish the damp mixture out & letting it dry before proceeding. Of course, he had to pay attention to where the firing pin had previously struck.

All in all, it was a lot of trial & error and a lot of work, but it can be done if you are determined enough.

heres a thought http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product...oducts_id=8154
    also available in many other caliburs

Converting rimfire ammo to centerfire

Hi. I don't know if this will help guys but here tis, I have converted a 41 RF to CF by removing the firing pin blade and making a center punch that was a close fit to the bore
    dia, and putting a dimple in the recoil plate then drilling out a hole approx, 0.125 through
    and putting a dimple on the hammer face ( you will need to anneal the hammer first). Then reharden it with Casint.
    then I used a round pin file to slot the hole in the recoil face to clear the ark of the firing pin. You will have to be very careful fitting and trimming the firing pin, the tip should be a ball end and just touch the back of the cylinder plus 0.005 to 0.008 to fire the primer.
    order some 41 Colt CF cases and trim them back to bring the seated bullet right uo to the face of the cylinder. I made a simple die to press a 0.392 RB out to the point that it would be a snug fit the the case and loaded a compressed charge of 3F clean Shot powder, and
    put a crimp on with a simple tool I made tapping it with a light hammer. I did a 38 RF the same way and used trimed 38 SPL cases and 125 grn 38 lead bullet. The tests show they did not key hole at 6Ft.
    Last edited by Dave Gafvert; 02-13-2009 at 03:08 PM.