Gunboards Forums banner

Zastava M70 pistol

15K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  acirema 
#1 ·
Anyone know where to get parts (mag and firing pins) for these Yugo .32 pistols. Sog sold them a few years ago and I am pulling my hair out trying to get the mag and a new firing pin. I think I can make or have a pin made but the mag has me stumped.
Thanks

#2 ·
try Makarov.com, Sarco or Numrich Arms.

#9 ·
Not sure if this will help or not, but there was a largish batch of these imported into South Africa a while ago, by the shop listed below. I know that they do have mags, and probably a firing pin or 2, but you would have to find a way to get them to ship them to you there if you don't come right anywhere else. They are very hectic, and hopefully they will be willing to assist.
http://davesheer.co.za/

Brian

#12 ·
Zastava

I have contacted Zastava and received a reply from them. I asked about accessories for my ZDA. They said they are not able to send accessories due to laws there. They told me to get a hold of their American distributor once they got one. Now, they do have one EAA as a distributor, however, I'm not sure they'll help you get parts for that pistol, but maybe....

Mak dot com had the mags, but if not, I'd think that Numrich could help you.

#13 ·
If you find them, let me know. Also, if you hear about a gun buy back near Washington, DC that will give $100 for a semi-auto pistol, let me know about that...I'll turn in both of my MD70 pistols.

Makarov.com was working toward getting some magazines (a heck of a process from what I understand) before they decided to close up shop. They never got the magazines in.

#16 ·
Hi, I have a Zastava M70 also. Really like it, actually shoots nice and pretty much where I point, but I'm embarrassed that I can't figure out how to disassemble it. It is in great shape. Do you turn off the barrel bushing first, and if so, which direction? Mine doesn't want to turn more than a few degrees either direction and I don't want to mess it up by forcing it. If it is to take out the slide stop first, I haven't been able to get it to come out either. Sure would appreciate any help. Regards, Guns

#19 · (Edited)
Dump mag and clear chamber first. Looking at the muzzle end the bushing is rotated counter clockwise up to the 12 o'clock position. Push in on the guide spring cap with a punch or similar tool as you rotate the bushing. Maintain tension on the cap and bushing with your thumb and ease the bushing out. Next remove the slide stop by pushing it out from the right side of the frame. Now remove the upper slide assembly by sliding it off the frame to the left. Remove the recoil spring and guide assembly moving it to the right as you're looking at the upside down slide. Remove barrel out of the slide to the left. Finally, remove the hammer assembly upward and out of the lower grip frame. Reassemble in reverse order. HTH

#20 ·
Thanks very much

Hello Acirema, Thanks very much for the information. For some reason, the barrel bushing is very tight to turn until about 90 degrees, then no problem. Got it apart, now I can give it a decent cleaning. Sure appreciate your help. Regards, Guns

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.